Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Jul 08, 2018, 10:52 PM
treefinder
Looks like the first hour will be spent flight testing new planes!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2018, 03:35 PM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
Approx what time are you guys thinking of going tuesday?
Jul 10, 2018, 08:03 AM
treefinder
I dunno, guys airnet showing winds peaking today at 11 mph by 5pm . Tomorrow somewhat better. Could make for an "interesting" combat session as we all try to stay together.
Jul 10, 2018, 01:13 PM
May you have CAVU
I'm planning on hitting the field at about 4:00. Gonna have to leave early.

Dave F
>< *>
Jul 10, 2018, 07:07 PM
AKA Larry
I arrived at the the killing fields around 6:45 pm . It was deadly silent. No remnants of streamers, props or foam. Checked the refuse cans for any evidence of a battle.....non to be found. The sun was setting low in the horizon and a light northeasterly breeze. I launched a Stingray with a orange and black streamer and circled the field to entice any lurkers, but none were there. Next an F&F with LEDs aglow, but still no takers....just dead silence.
I then packed up and headed home wondering why I didnít get the memo.

Larry
Jul 10, 2018, 08:17 PM
May you have CAVU
Larry,
I preceded you by about an hour and a half and too was by myself. The wind was so bumpy and wild, I was lucky (no skill) to get my plane back on the ground. Thoughts were going through my mind like "Where are you going?" "Why that way?" "Oh No, Pull up!"

I really did land on the field, amazing.

Dave F
>< *>
Jul 10, 2018, 10:01 PM
treefinder
Sorry I missed it. Out here wind was crazy and I got caught up in honeydos. It finally calmed down around 8, and sounds like it did at stony as well.
Jul 11, 2018, 06:55 PM
treefinder
Gonna be quiet tomorrow morning. . .
Jul 11, 2018, 07:05 PM
Stony or aerodrome tomorrow?
Jul 11, 2018, 08:32 PM
treefinder
If we do stony, we'll be looking into the sun. Not the worst thing. What's the consensus?
Jul 11, 2018, 09:17 PM
AKA Larry
Aerodrome is my choice.......9AM?

Larry
Jul 11, 2018, 10:00 PM
treefinder
I can be there!
Jul 11, 2018, 10:23 PM
OK...
Aerodrome it is! 9:00AM
Jul 14, 2018, 02:19 PM
Joe The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decokid
I arrived at the the killing fields around 6:45 pm . It was deadly silent. No remnants of streamers, props or foam. Checked the refuse cans for any evidence of a battle.....non to be found. The sun was setting low in the horizon and a light northeasterly breeze. I launched a Stingray with a orange and black streamer and circled the field to entice any lurkers, but none were there. Next an F&F with LEDs aglow, but still no takers....just dead silence.
I then packed up and headed home wondering why I didnít get the memo.

Larry
Hi Larry, glad to hear your combat spirit is still alive. I do miss our combat sessions. Down here they do combat Friday afternoons, which unfortunately doesn't work for me due to other commitments with the misses. Have to keep a balanced life style. As the saying goes, "If Momma's not happy, no one is happy".
Joe
Jul 15, 2018, 06:56 AM
Ken's CAD Models

RC Flight class of 2018

We ha a great time and a phenomenal accomplishment at Camp AuSable. 18 graduates.

Ken

Quick Reply