View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Mar 07, 2018, 06:08 PM
EARNEST C. HALL Student '67

Breakfast

I'm ready for tech breakfast already.

Eric, bring in a box full of that Florida sunshine you've been basking in. I'll bring in some suntan lotion.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2018, 07:46 AM
Joe The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKYG
I just thought I would inform you guys that I sent my email to the Interim Park Director Mr. Reese this morning as he had previously requested to consider dropping the " no fly" rule out at Stony Creek. If you follow the minutes on the park meetings a new director has not yet been hired. I asked Mr. Reese if he could possibly show the request to the Board of Commisioners at the March Meeting. We will see his response and I will keep you guys informed on any action on this matter. He and Mr. Kirbach seem to be positive about the possibility.
Nice work Ricky! Hopefully it will pay off. Stoney Creek is the Bomb when it comes to sport flying. Kathy and I plan to be up there in May. It would be so cool to fly at Stoney and do combat again.
Joe
Mar 13, 2018, 09:42 AM
Mike,

You might be interested in a 3D printed Tx Throttle Safety Stop I made, and I can provide the .stl files for three sizes I made for FlySky CT6B, FlySky TH9X, and Orx T-Six transmitters.
Mar 13, 2018, 06:26 PM
Boaterbill1
Ricky G, Can you tell me what the rules are for flying at Stoney?
I'm building an electric Sig Seniorita with a 5ft wing span. Will that be too large?
Thanks, Bill
Mar 13, 2018, 06:45 PM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
At this point there is a ban on any flying at Stony Creek Metropark. The previous Metropark director set a rule to ban all flying in the parks after an incident out at Kensington park. That park director is now gone. I have been communicating with the interim director. He wanted to wait until a new director was hired to pass along a request to allow flying again as it had been incident free for many years. The flying really had no rules as it was not an organized venue just a bunch of considerate and safety conscious flyers. I just heard today that a new director was hired in the last few days so we shall see where the appeal goes. Hopefully we shall fly again at the Oak grove field.
Mar 13, 2018, 07:06 PM
Boaterbill1
Thank you Ricky.
Mar 13, 2018, 07:16 PM
treefinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacon
Mike,

You might be interested in a 3D printed Tx Throttle Safety Stop I made, and I can provide the .stl files for three sizes I made for FlySky CT6B, FlySky TH9X, and Orx T-Six transmitters.
Wow, that's a serious piece of protection! What do you do with it when it isn't holding the throttle down?
Mar 13, 2018, 07:40 PM
Mike,
It is two pieces, the round one allows the left stick to go right and left to check the rudder, but no up movement on the throttle. The U shaped piece is simply a clamp to hold the round piece in place.
When ready to fly, you hold the round piece down with your right thumb,and remove the clamp with your left hand. Put the pieces on the ground, they are bright red, you will find them when you need them.
Mar 14, 2018, 07:51 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Mike,

I like these.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Mar 14, 2018, 08:06 AM
Ken,

I can post the .stl files with a .txt ending, which you would have to remove, would you want that?
Also I would enjoy if you wanted to use these commercially, and I am the author, so I can grant that permission.
Mar 14, 2018, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-one
I'm ready for tech breakfast already.

Eric, bring in a box full of that Florida sunshine you've been basking in. I'll bring in some suntan lotion.
Boy, I don't remember what that sunshine was like. I am ready for some honest to goodness spring weather.

Meet you all at breakfast tomorrow. Are we flying?
Mar 14, 2018, 03:40 PM
AKA Larry
Quote:
Mike,

Dave
The biggest problem with your throttle stop , is those of us over 70 would probably forget to use them:

Larry
Mar 14, 2018, 03:55 PM
Flys Like A Brick
If I remember correctly( I am over 70) tomorrow is another no fly day at the church. Are we still doing breakfast ?

Although I am seldom incorrect, please feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong. I will still think I am right, and that you are wrong, but feel free to jump in See when you get to be this age you can be this way.
Mar 14, 2018, 04:10 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Ken,

I can post the .stl files with a .txt ending, which you would have to remove, would you want that?
Also I would enjoy if you wanted to use these commercially, and I am the author, so I can grant that permission.
I'd love to print one to give it a go. Looks like you can post directly with the .stl file extension up to 10MB.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Mar 14, 2018, 04:14 PM
EARNEST C. HALL Student '67

For The Forgetful

I've probably said this before, I'm to that stage of old age and memory loss that I don't forget anything.
I know that I do not forget because I can't remember that last time I forgot something.

Seems I remember breakfast tomorrow but no flying... See, I did not forget.

Dave F (I think)
>< *>

Quick Reply