SEMFF--South East Michigan Foamy Flyers - Page 1299 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Dec 01, 2017, 11:18 AM
treefinder
Dave, I just realized that I must take April to therapy at 1, so looks like we will miss out on the great weather together.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2017, 12:21 PM
Old Bold Pilot
OK. Will fly my back yard.
Dave F
Dec 02, 2017, 10:26 AM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
Well guys I sent an email to the interim director of the metropark system Michael Reese who is also the chief of police for the park system as I mentioned at breakfast Thursday. We shall see what comes of the appeal. Hopefully he will investigate and create a favorable decision to allow us to fly at Stony once again. Let's all hope as Stony is a great place to fly and also gave some public exposure which helped grow the hobby.
Dec 05, 2017, 07:33 AM
Joe The Ripper
Ricky, good job on taking the initiative for Stoney Creek. I would love to fly there again when I return for visits. Another backup suggestion if it doesn't produce results would be to offer that people could fly there if they have at least a Park Pilot membership to AMA which provides a level of liability insurance.
Joe
Dec 05, 2017, 07:55 AM
Yes Joe that's a good suggestion. I was hoping to at least open a dialogue on the subject of flying there and offer more information on the liability insurance fact and maybe even suggest that we do some volunteer work in the park maybe once or so a year. I will keep all informed if I get any response on my emails. I did mention in the email that there had never been any accidents or incidences to my knowledge from any of the flyers. We shall see. It was always sad to drive by the field this summer and no one was flying.
Dec 05, 2017, 07:56 AM
Joe The Ripper
I went down to the Miami Flying Clubs annual fly-in this past saturday. What an event. They have a lot of money down there. Two jets for every prop plane. Flying my barely legal size 77" prop plane with jets in the air was like flying in a dog fight outnumbered by the enemy - very defensive flying. It was a great time though.
Joe
Dec 05, 2017, 09:43 AM
treefinder
Interesting pix, Joe

Here I sit at home on the morning of indoor flying at Ultimate Soccer Arena once again. Woke up thinking I should go there the first time this year, but as morning progressed, the desire didn't. Maybe it's the 40min. drive. Anyone interested in going next week and ride pooling?
Dec 06, 2017, 01:13 AM
Mike,
Is this in Pontiac? I am afraid I would not be good for car pooling since I am about 3/4 of the way there.
Dec 06, 2017, 01:15 AM
By the way...
What are we doing tomorrow (Thurs 1/7)? There are quite a few restaurants between 25 mile Rd and 26 Mile Rd. on Van Dyke.
Dec 06, 2017, 10:59 AM
treefinder
I've lost track of what we decided, but am up for whatever!
Dec 06, 2017, 03:03 PM
AKA Larry
I thought some one mentioned Leo’s at 25 and Van Dyke.
Dec 06, 2017, 04:14 PM
treefinder
I'm ok with that,
Dec 06, 2017, 05:56 PM
Old Bold Pilot
Let's do Leo's.

Dave F
>< *>
Dec 06, 2017, 06:19 PM
OK Leo's. I'm in.
Dec 06, 2017, 07:59 PM