SEMFF--South East Michigan Foamy Flyers - Page 1287 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 10, 2017, 02:43 PM
Old Bold Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo
Hi

A couple of times a week, I usually find myself driving past the Palace of Auburn Hills. Near the Palace is - a hill that seems perfect for sloping on just about any wind direction, and in fact, I usually see birds (possibly turkey buzzards?) doing just that.

Does anyone know anything about this hill? What is it, who owns it and - most importantly, can we fly there?

I've been wanting to try sloping since my early teens, but I always seem to find myself living where it's either totally flat, or way too Rocky.

Failing this, does anyone know of any other sloping sites in SEM?

PS: Did that Radian get assembled yet?
I maidened mine on Sunday.
Owen
Owen,
That hill is an active garbage dump, I know it as Mount Garbage.
Oh wait a minute, it is a Land Fill.
I see the turkey vultures sloping it and wish I could try too. No access allowed; I could not imagine standing in garbage to fly.

Congrats on maidening your Radian. As of last Thursday's breakfast, the box has not been opened.

Dave F
>< *>
Last edited by got-one; Oct 10, 2017 at 05:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2017, 03:17 PM
treefinder
Hey, owen did you ever do anything with the mysterion file? Mine is still forlornly sitting on my hard drive.....
Oct 10, 2017, 08:30 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Hey, owen did you ever do anything with the mysterion file? Mine is still forlornly sitting on my hard drive.....
No, I'm afraid I never got around to it.

I'm thinking my Extra 300 probably fills that spot in the hangar for now.

Owen
Oct 11, 2017, 09:21 AM
treefinder
Ah, all the possibilities! So many planes, so little time!

Looking at airnet was interesting today. Windspeed decreasing at a constant slope through today and tomorrow. So windy early but getting better toward noon. Worth getting out into it?
Oct 11, 2017, 09:45 AM
AKA Larry
Hey guys, just a heads up on my end. Two funerals of good fiends this week, reschedule grass cutting to Thursday, and Rose and my 50th wedding anniversary Saturday and a northern michigan get away for all of next week will put me on the sidelines for a while. Maybe the corn will be down by then and the weather will hold

Larry
Oct 11, 2017, 09:49 AM
treefinder
Wow, your gonna be busy! Best make a list to keep track!
Oct 11, 2017, 09:49 AM
AKA Larry
Please change fiends to friends .....thank you

Larry

PS.......Owen, yes itís still in the box......but the T 28 made it out.
Oct 11, 2017, 04:02 PM
treefinder
Aha! One escapes!

Halloween is coming, you were just getting ready early with fiends.
Oct 11, 2017, 09:39 PM
I looked on the Weather Channel and it looks like the wind prediction has decreased from the original 16 to about 7 mph and the rain chances are about 10 to 15%. Is anyone up for flying tomorrow? Breakfast?

Larry--Bet you can't believe it is a 50th wedding anniversary, can you? Ours comes up in 3 years. Next year my wife will be 70 and I can still remember when she was 20 and I had to buy her a drink because she was under age!! Where did all those years go?
Last edited by eganders; Oct 11, 2017 at 09:46 PM.
Oct 12, 2017, 01:44 AM
AKA Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by eganders
I looked on the Weather Channel and it looks like the wind prediction has decreased from the original 16 to about 7 mph and the rain chances are about 10 to 15%. Is anyone up for flying tomorrow? Breakfast?

Larry--Bet you can't believe it is a 50th wedding anniversary, can you? Ours comes up in 3 years. Next year my wife will be 70 and I can still remember when she was 20 and I had to buy her a drink because she was under age!! Where did all those years go?
We are doing our best to enjoy the remaining few

Larry
Oct 12, 2017, 07:00 AM
treefinder
Eric, i will eat if you will. Mist this morning but winds already low. If it gets a bit dryer
Oct 12, 2017, 07:08 AM
How about Romeo Cafe at 9:00 am? It is a little late for 8:30 (abut 20 min away)
Oct 12, 2017, 07:12 AM
treefinder
Update: Romeo cafe at 9:00 if anyone besides Eric and i are interested.
Oct 12, 2017, 07:35 AM
Joe The Ripper
Congrats on your anniversary Larry! I'm sure you'll have many more. You and Rose both seem in excellent health. Also, don't discount how important your attitude about life contributes to longevity. I expect to be flying with you for many many years to come!
PS. Glad to hear you liberated your new T-28. Did you retire your Zero T-28?
Joe
Oct 12, 2017, 07:41 AM
AKA Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannonjk
Congrats on your anniversary Larry! I'm sure you'll have many more. You and Rose both seem in excellent health. Also, don't discount how important your attitude about life contributes to longevity. I expect to be flying with you for many many years to come!
PS. Glad to hear you liberated your new T-28. Did you retire your Zero T-28?
Joe
Thanks Joe. Ya the old T 28 is offically retired