SEMFF--South East Michigan Foamy Flyers - Page 1281 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Sep 11, 2017, 12:42 PM
treefinder
springer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by soligen
Tomorrow is looking good all day! Is there going to be a gathering? I can take the day off work for play!
ah, man, that was just the excuse I needed! Anyone want to do breakfast? (i'll have to excuse myself from the old guys at Washington grille, of course, but for eating with foamie flyers, I can do that). Y'all's call, breakfast or Aerodrome at 8:30?

gt5racer: While we try to do an "organized" (that's kind of an oxymoron for the SEMFF!) fly on Thursdays, the field is available most any time it isn't raining (although if one is really feeling the addiction. . . . ). If you are close enough and want to just fly, you can give me a call. I'll PM you.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2017, 05:45 PM
Ken's CAD Models
dz1sfb's Avatar
Awesome evening of flying with my friend Bob at the Attica Twp. park. Wide open, very gentle to no breeze, soaring with a flock of Turkey Vultures, and good company testing some new models. Not many days like today left in the year.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
Sep 11, 2017, 08:35 PM
It was a Foamy, now a Spongy
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
ah, man, that was just the excuse I needed! Anyone want to do breakfast? (i'll have to excuse myself from the old guys at Washington grille, of course, but for eating with foamie flyers, I can do that). Y'all's call, breakfast or Aerodrome at 8:30?
Since no-one else has chimed in for breakfast, I'll just come to you place at about 8:30. I'll check the thread in the AM in case things change. Looking forward to it
Sep 11, 2017, 08:48 PM
treefinder
springer's Avatar
Ain't it great when it is calm and planes go exactly where we tell them?
Sep 11, 2017, 09:02 PM
treefinder
springer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by soligen
Since no-one else has chimed in for breakfast, I'll just come to you place at about 8:30. I'll check the thread in the AM in case things change. Looking forward to it
Sounds good. I will drop a piece of wood with the guys at Washington grill and be back about 8:45. Lets fly! Maybe some of the slackers will check in and join us!
Sep 13, 2017, 09:08 AM
treefinder
springer's Avatar
Beeyuuuteeful flying day yesterday!!! Dennis, Larry and i ran tnbrough all our planes and most of our lipos in basically calm sun. And i think every plane went home in the same condition it arrived! Looks like tomorrow will be nearly as good (if rain holds off. . . ) breakfast at Romeo Cafe followed by flying?

Dennis: a big box was discovered on my porch last evening. I expect i will be picking your and Ken's brains soon. . .
Sep 13, 2017, 10:08 AM
It was a Foamy, now a Spongy
Thanks for having us over and the landing lessons. It was a good time! I went to Delia Park after retrieving my batteries and flew some more. I managed to do some touch and goes! But I think that some of my problems is the wheels are too weak for that plane. I need better wheels.
Sep 13, 2017, 10:49 AM
treefinder
springer's Avatar
Now that you mention it, i should have given you some of that black foam from foam factory! Ah well, next time if you don't get some before. Wheels are funny things, too wide gets draggy in air & on grass; too narrow can be wobbly.

Touch and goes, cool!
Sep 13, 2017, 01:20 PM
AKA Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Beeyuuuteeful flying day yesterday!!! Dennis, Larry and i ran tnbrough all our planes and most of our lipos in basically calm sun. And i think every plane went home in the same condition it arrived! Looks like tomorrow will be nearly as good (if rain holds off. . . ) breakfast at Romeo Cafe followed by flying?

Dennis: a big box was discovered on my porch last evening. I expect i will be picking your and Ken's brains soon. . .
I can do dat

Larry
Sep 13, 2017, 03:12 PM
Flys Like A Brick
Bob_B's Avatar
I have found the top of my work table and have been able to find most of the parts of the F&F.

So I will be at breakfast, and hope that the F&F will fly. Actually I hope it will fly several times, before the inevitable crash.
Sep 13, 2017, 04:16 PM
treefinder
springer's Avatar
Ok, 8:30. Maybe a bit earlier? They "open at 5:00 i think!
Sep 13, 2017, 06:28 PM
AKA Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Ok, 8:30. Maybe a bit earlier? They "open at 5:00 i think!
Yikes.....lets not get crazy
Sep 13, 2017, 08:40 PM
treefinder
springer's Avatar
Heh,heh. Ok 8:30
Sep 13, 2017, 10:52 PM
Registered User
Just got back from a Maine vacation. Meeting for breakfast at Romeo Cafe followed by flying at the Aerodrome? I will try to make that!
Sep 17, 2017, 03:36 PM
Joe The Ripper
I survived hurricane Irma just fine even though it was almost a direct hit. Extremely minor damage thank the Lord. I will be back in Michigan this Wednesday. I was hoping that if the weather permits I could do breakfast and flying on Thursday.
Joe


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flyers in SE Michigan Fungoo Electric Plane Talk 18 Aug 15, 2014 12:14 PM
E-flyer clubs in SE Michigan? LBM Electric Plane Talk 8 Dec 17, 2008 05:31 AM
Yippee! Any Foamy Flyers On Or Near Elizabeth City, N.c??? nieves50 Foamies (Kits) 31 Mar 06, 2004 08:11 PM
Flint, Michigan E-Flyers ??? crashnburn Electric Plane Talk 21 Dec 04, 2001 04:54 PM
Slope sites SE Michigan or NW Ohio? daveh Electric Sailplanes 4 Jul 27, 2001 06:37 PM