SEMFF--South East Michigan Foamy Flyers - Page 1276 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Aug 10, 2017, 09:39 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Ranger has inspected the runway and considers it adequately prepared for your arrival!
That would be an awesome avatar! He sure is getting gray.

Ken

Last edited by dz1sfb; Aug 10, 2017 at 09:45 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2017, 11:00 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
A shout out and big thank you to Springer. It was a pleasure flying at the Aerodrome today. It really made my vacation to get some good flying in as well as all the RC chat. I really like the huge flying wing you came up with. Thanks for putting up with me.

Jim
Aug 12, 2017, 10:12 AM
treefinder
Jim, It was all my Pleasure! I enjoyed the company and watching you put your "storage" plane (inside joke there) through it's paces! I have a lot to learn about acrobatics!

Safe trip back home!
Aug 15, 2017, 07:30 PM
treefinder
Looks like once again wed morning is pick day of week. Flying tomorrow at aerodrome. Also Sat and Sun is Selfridge 100th birthday open house. Anybody going?
Yesterday, 04:45 AM
AKA Larry
Doc appt. in Ann Arbor this AM.....won't be able to make it

Larry
Yesterday, 07:45 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Looks like once again wed morning is pick day of week. Flying tomorrow at aerodrome. Also Sat and Sun is Selfridge 100th birthday open house. Anybody going?
Sounds like some interesting things going on. I will be camping this weekend though.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Yesterday, 08:46 AM
I am up for tomorrow (Thursday) at the Aerodrome if you are Mike. I made a F&F (is that the correct nomenclature?) and had little luck with it. I think I overpowered it and had too much weight. I am in the process of making another. Hope it will be ready for tomorrow.

Larry: Are you able to make it tomorrow and bring your F&F
We can critique it and see if I am closer and how I should modify my approach. I find that I have problems if I try to make a plane into a tank.
Yesterday, 10:41 AM
treefinder
Sure tomorrows fine! Today turned out to be a combo morning between a fasting blood draw at Romeo, followed by an hour at the pond with granddaughters and (finally!) finishing the lastest springthing, a low wing floater. She flys nice, but has a few quirks I will need to fix. (and she really wants ailerons!)

I'd forgotten how far forward the F&F wants it's CG til last week with Alex's. So that might be an issue with yours as well. Blue wonder 1700kv and 7x6 apc style prop on 2s is the propulsion system that works best for starters and even combat. 3s gets you more speed, but adds weight.
Yesterday, 02:20 PM
AKA Larry
If the weather holds I will be there.
Yesterday, 09:11 PM
Ken's CAD Models

New design needs name

This plane is not necessarily new in form, but it is designed from scratch. Made to be a basic flyer for new pilots, with optional aileron wing, capable of FPV, or conversion to seaplane.

I am teaching a class on RC planes next weekend and had planned on using this design as an instructional tool.

It needs a name.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Yesterday, 11:51 PM
GLMS
Ken, As usual awesome looking bird. Since it's an entry level bird how about Simplistic. Considering that was your description of the airfoil it just kinda stuck in my mind. I am sure, as is typical with your designs, it won't be difficult to build so it fits IMO.