View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Apr 01, 2016, 08:09 PM
AKA Larry
Hang in there Mike. Prayers for your daughter.

Larry
to remove ads between posts
Apr 01, 2016, 09:45 PM
Mike hope your Daughter is well soon. I went to Toledo today, I got a couple deals on some motors, the guys from 2 dogs rc had some of their ducked fans from the failed hovercraft project, I got two fans and two ESC for $5 unfortunately one is slow speed and one is high speed, I need another high speed unit oh well, I went back before I left and they only the fans and no more ESC's , if anybody goes and is by the 2 dog's rc booth on the end of the table they have an area with a sign to make an offer, if some one could get me a high speed fan unit it would be great, offer $3 for one and see if they take it, the high speed units have a silver motor.

Mike
Apr 02, 2016, 06:26 AM
Joe The Ripper
Mike
Prayers for you and your daughter as well.
I happened on one of your other threads on the foamies scratch build forum (the one where the kid shows how to build and fly a simple foamie). I was amazed to see how technical the people contibuting to the thread are concerning plane and wing design. Most of the terminalogy used is beyond me. Now I know why your home made planes fly so well. Kudos to you!
Joe
Apr 02, 2016, 09:06 AM
treefinder
Guys, thanks for all the prayer support! I'll have to show the posts to Cassie For a bit of encouragement. We all have had need of it this last year it seems. That"Time of our lives", I guess.

Mike : the "failed hovercraft"... amazing, unless there were more than one of those, I got my pair of EDF units three years ago at $15-$20/ pair. I think mine are the lower kv, they were less $. Easy to see why they are dumping them after 3 + years. Great deal now though. Probably best I didn't go to the show, as I would be tempted to get yet another pair with no target use!
Apr 02, 2016, 09:12 AM
treefinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannonjk
Mike
Prayers for you and your daughter as well.
I happened on one of your other threads on the foamies scratch build forum (the one where the kid shows how to build and fly a simple foamie). I was amazed to see how technical the people contibuting to the thread are concerning plane and wing design. Most of the terminalogy used is beyond me. Now I know why your home made planes fly so well. Kudos to you!
Joe
Which thread? There have been several that turned out pretty comical depending on whether the noobie took the guidance to heart or not.
Apr 02, 2016, 09:22 AM
treefinder
Guys, just saw this on the homemade ideas for cheap or free thread: http://www.homemadetools.net/categories. A quick browse was like reading through a Lindsey catalog! Lots of cool ideas.
Apr 02, 2016, 06:44 PM
Flys Like A Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Probably best I didn't go to the show, as I would be tempted to get yet another pair with no target use!
I had plans (the best laid plans of mice and men often go astray). I was going to go Friday. Been on the Calendar for months. Then a funeral for a friend changed The Plan. I could have gone today, even with the weather an more crowds.

But I really don't need to be tempted. I have enough if I can just sit and finish and fix up what I do have. Plus I was tempted a few weeks ago, and another sailplane is on order. I can so easily be tempted.

So Mike. It is probably a good thing we just stayed home and watched it snow.
Apr 02, 2016, 08:41 PM
treefinder
yeah, I guess........
Apr 05, 2016, 09:03 AM
I have to work this week kids, so no breakfast Thur fellowship for me.
Apr 05, 2016, 10:50 AM
treefinder
Bummer, we'll miss ya!
Apr 06, 2016, 08:39 AM
treefinder
Well it's wed morning, winds blowing a gale, snow is coming down, alternating between giant fluffs and popcorn BBs. Ah, spring in SEMI! Another good build day if granddaughter let's me. Daughter at home with us to recover from the viral pneumonia and of course the little one too.

So what are prospects for tomorrow at Pantry?
Apr 06, 2016, 10:48 AM
Flys Like A Brick
I will be there. Even though it won't be flying weather, always nice to get together with everyone
Apr 10, 2016, 09:05 AM
Joe The Ripper
Larry and I had a wonderful conversation yesterday. But it was sad to hear that Stony may be off limits for flying. We've had some really good times there. It's one of the best flying fields I've flown on. The attached picture is from the SEMFF`s archieves of the good old combat days - every Tuesday night be there or be square. What a rush it was.
However, the Washington sport field is almost as good, and Larry and I have never been kicked out of there, even with Washington police watching.
Joe
Apr 10, 2016, 09:24 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Great pic Joe, sure does bring back some great memories. Thanks for sharing .
Apr 10, 2016, 03:27 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Excellent pic indeed.
King Mike and his defeated but happy subjects.
As soon as UnClub funds permit we will have a large print made to hang here at SEMFF Global HQ.

Quick Reply