View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Mar 19, 2015, 03:50 PM
Flys Like A Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.....

nah, it was a prostate biopsy.
Oh, I did that last year. So much fun I can hardly wait for the next time.

All part of enjoying the "Golden Years"
to remove ads between posts
Mar 19, 2015, 04:01 PM
Joe The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
For those of you that might be wondering, the biopsy was negative. -- Mr. Cryptic
Definitely a load off your mind. Now you'll just have to grow old gracefully.
Joe
Mar 19, 2015, 04:09 PM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
Mike,
It was definitely a great tech session last night hearing about the procedure.
Great news. Have a great weekend. See you next week.
Mar 19, 2015, 04:11 PM
Joe The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Here is the main Yak 55 thread. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964237 which has the plans in 19", 22", 30", 32.5", 36", and 42" available.

Not sure why Joe referenced the Yak30. I believe he meant Yak 55 with a 30in wingspan. Though we have not produced any of this size.

Ken
Ken, I can't tell you why I called it the Yak30. But that is what it is named in my transmitter. Guess I have to rename it.
I cut away an inch from the aileron extensions (approx 4 sq. Inch) next to the fuse to allow more prop wash to get to the elevator, and moved the batt back an inch as you suggested, and I am now able to get it to hover quite nicely. It's a real fun plane to fly.
Looking forward to the next prototype.
Joe
Mar 19, 2015, 07:17 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannonjk
Ken, I can't tell you why I called it the Yak30. But that is what it is named in my transmitter. Guess I have to rename it.
I cut away an inch from the aileron extensions (approx 4 sq. Inch) next to the fuse to allow more prop wash to get to the elevator, and moved the batt back an inch as you suggested, and I am now able to get it to hover quite nicely. It's a real fun plane to fly.
Looking forward to the next prototype.
Joe
Okay, good deal! Will have these available next week. I may have to drop them with Mike S. to get them to you guys or meet someone along the way.

Ken
Mar 20, 2015, 02:21 PM
treefinder
Sittin' in my truck waiting to get into Stiles Arena to set up for NEF, sucking on my Darrel Lea licorice....
Mar 22, 2015, 12:12 AM
Maverick
Hi ALL,

I'm new to RC Flying and love foamy EDF Jets. I live in SE Michigan and would love to come see the pro's fly. I have put 6 packs thru my ArtTech F14 Tomcat already this year and have a whopping 5 hours on the simulator. Of course I have a co-pilot.
Mar 22, 2015, 12:46 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Hi Jeff,
Welcome to SEMFF! You are now an official unclub member.

I just happen to be up late, or early depending on how you look at it.

Looking forward to meeting you,
Ken
Mar 22, 2015, 01:47 AM
Build straight - Fly twisty
JeffS69, as Ken so rightly says, you are now an unmember.
Expect your Unmembership Certificate to arrive in the post soon.
It will not in fact ever be posted, but expecting it to arrive soon will be good training to enable a new unmember to comprehend the unique culture of the Unclub.
Any queries you may have regarding Unclub protocol should be addressed to an unmember by the name of Ranger who resides with Mike Spring (springer)
From the desk of the Unpres
Unclub Global HQ.
Mar 22, 2015, 05:59 AM
Flying Wannabee AKA Ricky
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS69
Hi ALL,

I'm new to RC Flying and love foamy EDF Jets. I live in SE Michigan and would love to come see the pro's fly. I have put 6 packs thru my ArtTech F14 Tomcat already this year and have a whopping 5 hours on the simulator. Of course I have a co-pilot.
Welcome JeffS69,
Most of the regular posters on this thread fly out at Stony Creek Metropark with a multitude of electric foam creations. We fly at the Oakgrove picnic area of the park. There is a great field there that is cut by the park and makes for a very nice area to fly. Many evenings and weekends you will find some of the SEMFF unmembers flying. There is even a group that flies streamer combat on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings depending on the weather. If you are not familiar with the park look it up online and the map will show you the location of the Oakgrove Picnic site. You will also find a plethora of knowledge and experience in this great group of flyers. You will also find sailplane flyers and FPV multirotor flying out there. Hope to meet you out there sometime. All are welcome and knowledge is free for the taking.
Mar 22, 2015, 06:58 AM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffS69
Hi ALL,

Welcome Jeff, as others mentioned, we are an unclub and posting here officially makes you a member. I was a bit taken back by the unclub thing myself at first but you will get the hang of it. As Ricky mentioned, this is a great group of people who just enjoy flying (with some combat mixed in). Just about anything that will fly is welcome, even saw a lawn mower out there once . Even though we have no actual rules as most clubs have, we do abide by some of the basic AMA rules, the main thing is safety for others or in other words "just common sense". We have unmembers of all different flying skill levels. The wealth of knowledge is unbelievable and is willingly shared by all. Just a great bunch of people to hang out with. You will find even the first time you meet them, you are part of a group that will make you feel like you have known them for a long time.
Hope to see you out there.

Greg
Last edited by Makdaddy; Mar 22, 2015 at 07:13 AM.
Mar 22, 2015, 07:39 AM
treefinder
Jeff: as many others have said, Welcome to the unclub!
Understanding that your real interest is parkjets, I would also like to invite you to our Wed. eve sessions at Stoney Creek Community church gym on 26mi Rd and Jewell. We start about 7:30-8and fly/talk/tease til after 10pm. We will run this indoor session for the next couple week or until the weather warms consistently.

Any more comments, Ranger?

"Woof!"
Mar 22, 2015, 03:01 PM
Hey Jeff,
I built a SciFi Jet, here's a link:
http://www.vidoevo.com/yvideo.php?i=...-by-hobbypartz
And it flies very well. I drew up a whole set of plans for it, I can post them if there is any interest. I am not interested in building it for anyone, but I will give plenty of help here on this forum.
Mar 22, 2015, 03:03 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbacon
Hey Jeff,
I built a SciFi Jet, here's a link:
http://www.vidoevo.com/yvideo.php?i=...-by-hobbypartz
And it flies very well. I drew up a whole set of plans for it, I can post them if there is any interest. I am not interested in building it for anyone, but I will give plenty of help here on this forum.
Dave,
Fix the link, I'd like to see it.

Ken
Mar 22, 2015, 07:30 PM
Ken,
The link works, it takes you to the video of the SciFi Jet. If you can't get it to work, do a search for SciFi Jet.

Quick Reply