Dec 13, 2008, 02:23 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Would this battery be too big or heavy for Cybird???

Could someone "in the know" please let me know if this would work great in the cybird (the weight and size of the battery)....thanks!!!!

2 cell 1320mAh 7.4V 2s1320 Pro Lite Series Thunder Power RC lipo battery.

The Pro Lite Series LiPo batteries from Thunder Power RC are optimized to have the lightest weight for their capacity. These Li Poly batteries use state of the art battery chemistry to provide high voltage under load (12-18C continuous, 18-26C burst), and unmatched capacity vs weight. The Pro Lite series offers great value, low weight, and is perfect for applications like RC 3D helicopters, ducted fan jets, RC cars and boats.

LiPoly batteries not only perform well, they are also safe, you can carry out comprehensive pack maintenance using the balancing connector. Use with Thunder Power's 205V balancer for packs up to 5 cells or the 210V balancer for packs up to 10 cells to ensure that each cell is properly balanced and matched to give optimal performance and safely for their entire life. The 1010C is the recommended charger, which allows you to charge at up to 3C (3 times the faster than the standard 1C 1 hour charge) when used with a Thunder Power balancer, for fast charging times. Always follow the recommended safety guidelines when charging LiPo batteries.

Features:
Increased flight time (about twice that of comparable NiMH packs)
Significantly decreased weight compared to NiMH or NiCd packs
Smaller physical size to easily fit in your RC aircraft
No memory effect
The ability to supply current at high rates
Specifications for Thunder Power RC TP-1320-2SPLJ LiPo:
Voltage: 7.4V
Cells: 2-Cell
Capacity: 1320mAh
Max Continuous Discharge: 13C
Max Burst Discharge: 20C
Max Continuous Current: 17A
Max Burst Current: 27A
Weight: 58g
Dimensions: 13 x 34 x 65mm
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2008, 09:17 PM
Hi newflyer100
yes I believe the thunder power 2 cell 1350 battery pack would be too big
and heavy. I use the thunder power 2 cell 1350 pack in my Kinkade slow hawk ornithopter.
when i tried to put that cell in one of my cybird P1's it would not fit in the frame.

The ornithopter Zone recomends the gws 1050 2 cell pack but its out of stock.
Some have also used the gws 2 cell 1300 pack but it is also out of stock.

When I have converted cybird P1's to brushless for those who want them, I put in
thunder power 2 cell 730 pro lite series batteries. they have plenty of power
since the cybird P1 onely draws at full power about 3.5 amps., I still get about
8 minites of flight time with the very light thunder power 730 pack. plus,since
the battery is smaller you can move the battery a bit in the frame to get the
center of gravity right

Quick Reply