This thread is privately moderated by szastoupil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 13, 2015, 06:32 PM
Meeting on Monday night is at the Bar on Lynndale Ave. 6pm.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2015, 06:47 PM

Sept meeting notes

Sept meeting notes
Sep 14, 2015, 09:24 PM
Maybe someone could answer Jay. August Minutes??
Sep 15, 2015, 07:49 AM
Chris Zangl, VAM President
Micky was out of town for the August meeting and it seems no one remembered to do the minutes. The meeting was at the field so it was short anyway. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sep 15, 2015, 05:28 PM
T.R. miller
I had taken notes and emailed it to him
Sep 15, 2015, 05:28 PM
T.R. miller
Him Mickey
Oct 12, 2015, 09:43 AM
Should be an interesting meeting tonight. I heard through the grapevine that Travis is bringing his entire airplane printed via 3D printer.
Oct 12, 2015, 06:52 PM

Oct monthly meeting

Oct monthly meeting notes
Nov 09, 2015, 08:22 PM

Nov meeting notes

Nov meeting notes
Feb 03, 2016, 05:41 PM

Fran LeClercq passes away

Members who have been soaring for more than a decade will remember Fran LeClercq of Green Bay who was an active member of our club's soaring group. He passed away Saturday, Jan 30th in a nursing home, not long before his 89th birthday. He is survived by his two sons, John and David; and his sister Carol Paul.

Fran was an excellent craftsman and had many fine models. The soaring group would sometimes meet in his home on Bond Street in Green Bay which he also built. When flying RC himself became more of a challenge, he would bring down a winch and retriever and work the whole afternoon running the winch. He was a selfless man to the end.

He had a good sence of humor and his sister who I talked to reported him telling the doctors who were trying to assertain his mental abilities the following responses to their questions:

Q Who is President?
A I don't know and I don't care.

Q What is todays date?
A I don't need to know that anymore.

Q Do you know where you are?
A No place I wanted to be.

He traveled the streets in his electric chair up to the time he had to go to the nursing home. He went quickly which is good news for everyone who loved him.

He didn't want a funeral. We who knew him will miss this fine friend.

Lee Murray
Feb 06, 2016, 12:41 AM
Wow - tough month for the club and membership. First we lost Bob H. and now Fran.
Feb 08, 2016, 08:18 PM

Feb meeting notes

Feb monthly meeting notes
Feb 08, 2016, 10:27 PM

Meeting minutes

I couldn't be at the meeting because I've been gone. But after reading the minutes about the 400" rule and putting a note in the pin box at the sod farm I think you should take a look at a video on
RC groups under " sailplane talk - FAA's 400' guideline", posting #1141. It answers alot of questions about all these guide lines. But these agreements in the registrations are between the pilot and the FAA and not the club and the FAA. The club really can't enforce FAA rules. And I don't think that there are sailplane guys anywhere in the country who can abide by that 400' guideline; it would ban sailplanes all together.

Mike
Feb 11, 2016, 07:48 PM
Heath
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattrick
I couldn't be at the meeting because I've been gone. But after reading the minutes about the 400" rule and putting a note in the pin box at the sod farm I think you should take a look at a video on
RC groups under " sailplane talk - FAA's 400' guideline", posting #1141. It answers alot of questions about all these guide lines. But these agreements in the registrations are between the pilot and the FAA and not the club and the FAA. The club really can't enforce FAA rules. And I don't think that there are sailplane guys anywhere in the country who can abide by that 400' guideline; it would ban sailplanes all together.

Mike
Mike, I created a new tread for this. Lets move this discussion or we will end up hijacking this tread.

New tread
Apr 11, 2016, 07:05 PM

April meeting notes

April meeting notes

Quick Reply