Blog Update - New Designs - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by SGTalon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 09, 2008, 03:59 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.

Blog Update - New Designs

It has been a while since i actually made a blog post. I have not been sitting around doing nothing!

It has been much slower than this summer for sure. I got a little burned out on the space thing so i started working on some other designs.

I have been thinking about building a small plane for a long time. I even bought a small motor and some 3mm foam a while back (before the Summer of Space) Well i finally got around to building something. I re-designed the Micro3DX design that is popular here. Here is the thread

24" span or so. It turns out that my small motor isn't all that small. The AUW ended up being 6.5 oz. Too heavy for that small of a plane. I need to drop at least another ounce. SO i am looking for another motor.

SO i figured that i needed more wing area. I designed a 3DBatix FoameIIx biplane was next. 24" span again but 2 wings this time! Well since i built it the winds here in Detroit have been 20+ mph!!! GRRR 4 weeks now that the weather has been bad for flying!

IN between i designed a really cool plane. The German Wespe. WWII secret project from the Germans. Man was it cool! I actually started cutting foam on it this weekend. Pretty awesome design:

Then i got inspired by this cool company called Falx.

They have a plan for a Hybrid drive- Brushless Motors, Lipo Batteries, Turbine generator Tilt wing plane! It is really cool! So i designed my own version of it. See if i can make it fly.

I actually put the plans for the Wespe and the Falx on the same page when i printed to save time. So i have the parts cut for both planes now!

Not sure what i will do next. I am thinking of doing another Star Wars design. Or maybe i will just build out some of these designs i already have. Not sure yet. I hate cutting foam. It is the designing that i love!
Last edited by SGTalon; Dec 10, 2008 at 07:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply