Dec 07, 2008, 12:43 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

difficulty rating

Hi there
Iwas reading through a page on the begginer electric planes forum and saw a post that said the difficult of planes from one 0 to 10
i thought this was a good idea and there should be one about helicopters
this is the scale
0 -- Safe to give to a young child
1 -- Young flyer can hover (maybe ages 4-8?)
2 -- Beginner can hover
3 -- Beginner can hover with sim experience
4 -- Beginner can hover with flight instruction
5 -- Beginner can hover with extensive flight instruction/Easy 2nd plane
6 -- Good 2nd hel
7 -- Good 2nd heli with flight instruction/Sim
8 -- Good 3rd heli
9 -- Good 3rd heli with flight instruction/Sim
10 -- Requires expert flyer
e.g the lama v4 would be a 2
plese help
cheers
Last edited by comanche100; Dec 07, 2008 at 02:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 07, 2008, 01:39 PM
Marty
Should probably replace the word "solo" with "hover".

Trying to rate my Walkeras:

4#3AB or Q: I'd put them around 4, maybe 5.

4G3 is hard to place, if everything is setup and working perfectly it can be easier to fly than the 4#3s if you stay in normal mode, but takes work and information beyond the manual to get it there and keep it that way, so I guess I'd put it at 6 or 7.

Later,
Marty
Dec 07, 2008, 02:01 PM
Thread OP
what would the hbfp be
Dec 07, 2008, 02:14 PM
innocent victim
if you replace "solo" with "hover", I would put the HBFP about 4 or 5
Dec 07, 2008, 02:30 PM
Thread OP
ive now put hover instead of solo
could everyone put up the difficulty of all there helis so we could build up a big picture of wich ones are easy and wich ones are especially hard
thanks
Dec 07, 2008, 02:37 PM
Could this be adapted to 'setup' as well? I only suggest this because in many cases a CP heli is easier to fly, but harder to setup and maintain.

Just don't want to get the misconception out there that heli is A is easier to fly because it is CP, but a beginner would do better with Heli B because it is an FP and easier to maintain.

Or is this getting too complicated?

J
Dec 07, 2008, 03:08 PM
innocent victim
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkc25
Could this be adapted to 'setup' as well? I only suggest this because in many cases a CP heli is easier to fly, but harder to setup and maintain.

Just don't want to get the misconception out there that heli is A is easier to fly because it is CP, but a beginner would do better with Heli B because it is an FP and easier to maintain.

Or is this getting too complicated?

J
easier to fly then what?
Dec 07, 2008, 03:50 PM
dze
dze
it would be hard to classify individual helis .. u could sum it up to say a coax a beginner can hover .. u wouldnt want to turn a young child loose with a big one and anything single rotor and full 4ch+ control takes extensive training to even hover .. FP type helis like the hbfp and 4#3 are not easier to fly than a cp right side up anyway, but they are much less intimidating than a cp heli and require much less knowledge to set up and fp's are much more forgiving on a mishap .. you cant get away with even tipping a hi-power cp heli over on the ground while its spinning or it turns to a twisted pile of metal and toothpicks ..
.. you could also say it takes an intermediate pilot to fly any 4ch+ heli past hovering .. doesnt take supervised instruction but it does require countless hours of practice and sim time ...
so a beginner can hover a coax
a beginner can hover an fp like a 4#3 or hbfp with crashes, sim time, and a few weeks practice no problem and there is no reason really to try to fly a cp until a person can fly an fp like a hbfp backwards, forwards, high, low, sidways, nose-in, change it up smoothly and at full bore .. it will take maybe a year .. after a person can hover an fp well tho there shouldnt be any problem hovering a cp like a 450 size and it would be a good second or third heli to get used to the power and setup .. but actual flight training should be mostly accomplished on an fp until its practically mastered ..

Quick Reply