Jan 27, 2009, 12:16 AM
nac
nac
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
It did! I flew it just before sunrise yesterday morning. Having it still all white really helped!

Just like all my others, it has unlimited vertical on the 2212-06 and APC 6X4E prop. Having the ailerons and elevators hooked in tandem makes for super tight loops and drill bit rolls.

Another winner! Well done Nick.

Pat
No problems

Did you also setup the rudder option?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 27, 2009, 12:19 AM
Foam abuser!
No rudder on mine. Not really into 3D much, and I typically don't do rudder on any of my birds where it's an option. I'm happy the way it is now.

Although seeing a foamy F-16 do a knife edge pass down the runway would be sweet!

Pat
Jan 27, 2009, 12:27 AM
nac
nac
Thread OP
Quote:
No rudder on mine. Not really into 3D much, and I typically don't do rudder on any of my birds where it's an option. I'm happy the way it is now.

Although seeing a foamy F-16 do a knife edge pass down the runway would be sweet!

Pat
Yeah, I'm not a 3D man but I do like my pattern style planes.

I must say though, Knife edging the F16 is a lot of fun
Jan 27, 2009, 04:00 PM
Foam abuser!
I may have to build another and do rudder.

But then again, I haven't painted this one yet. I may just add rudder to this one eventually.

Pat
Mar 22, 2009, 01:43 PM
USAF Retired
Sorry if this has been asked...I read the thread again...maybe I missed it. Will this fly okay with tailerons...like my yardbird F22?

THanks in advance.

Dennis
Mar 22, 2009, 03:28 PM
nac
nac
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing_man
Sorry if this has been asked...I read the thread again...maybe I missed it. Will this fly okay with tailerons...like my yardbird F22?

THanks in advance.

Dennis
I don't know, i never tried.
From the start I designed it to have ailerons and elevons linked together using only two servos.
My first Depron park jet was the F22 and I found that the roll rate was too slow so I added ailerons.

I guess you could try it out and then if required cut out the ailerons and link them.

NAC
Mar 22, 2009, 04:48 PM
USAF Retired
Thanks....I'll try it that way and see

Dennis
Mar 23, 2009, 11:34 AM
Foam abuser!
Dennis,

Based on my experience with other birds of similar construction, this F-16 should be able to fly with tailerons only. I flew a Mig-29 and Su-37 with tailerons only, and they did fine.

Pat
Mar 23, 2009, 04:10 PM
USAF Retired
Pat,

THanks! Appreciate the input.

Hope to maiden soon...I love these quick building good looking "scaleish" planes

Dennis
Apr 01, 2009, 09:31 AM
I read in another thread that when you have the ailerons and elevons linked together that at full back stick, especially at low power settings, you loose a lot of lift on the wings as the two ailerons are moving up. For example if your battery dies and you come in with no power and flare for landing the plane drops out of the sky pretty quick. Is that a problem at all on this build?

I was thinking of hard connecting the two elevator halves and controlling them with a sepearte servo, so that it was strictly used for pitch (just like the real plane). And then keep the two servos on the ailerons, as you could then also use computer radios to use them as flaps / flaperons. I enjoy flying the slow speed maneuvers. Do you think that would work well?
Apr 01, 2009, 02:03 PM
Foam abuser!
Dave,

I have never had any issues with any of my tomhe planes losing lift. But obviously, if you flare too much and bring the nose up too high, the plane will stall and "plop" down on the ground. But that is not limited to just these birds.

I've found that the best landing method is to pretend it has landing gear, and just slide it on in like normal. I used to "plop" them in to avoid scraping up the bottom, but found that was hard on the foam and created a lot of stress cracks. I now line the bottom with 3M anti-slip tape and it protects them fine.

Pat
Apr 01, 2009, 02:20 PM
Have Fun! Land, Sea or Air
Quote:
Dave,

I have never had any issues with any of my tomhe planes losing lift. But obviously, if you flare too much and bring the nose up too high, the plane will stall and "plop" down on the ground. But that is not limited to just these birds.

I've found that the best landing method is to pretend it has landing gear, and just slide it on in like normal. I used to "plop" them in to avoid scraping up the bottom, but found that was hard on the foam and created a lot of stress cracks. I now line the bottom with 3M anti-slip tape and it protects them fine.

Pat
Pat,

You only plop them down on green tranformers!
Apr 01, 2009, 02:45 PM
Foam abuser!
Oh, you just HAD to bring that up, eh?

Pat
Apr 01, 2009, 03:46 PM
nac
nac
Thread OP
I tend to setup in less deflection on the ailerons and only use them to give a better roll rate.

And yes tape up the bottom and slide em in.

NAC
Apr 06, 2009, 03:36 AM
Malaysian Flier
Mine from NAC plan..

Quick Reply