Dec 15, 2008, 07:45 PM
hobby-asia.com
did the 100% about 6 months ago, last week i tried the 50%, but it wasn't able to fly, torque roll was way too much. so basically after u hand launch it, it will twist and roll like a drill.

oh forgot to mention, the older version with motor at rear, i have a hard time getting the CG right, i have to add lots of weight at the nose to balance it, this is same on my 50% version. so now i saw the mid mount motor, y never i think of that. anyway, i trash both my F16 since its not very nice to fly. I m sure this one here will be better.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2008, 10:44 PM
nac
nac
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
did the 100% about 6 months ago, last week i tried the 50%, but it wasn't able to fly, torque roll was way too much. so basically after u hand launch it, it will twist and roll like a drill.

oh forgot to mention, the older version with motor at rear, i have a hard time getting the CG right, i have to add lots of weight at the nose to balance it, this is same on my 50% version. so now i saw the mid mount motor, y never i think of that. anyway, i trash both my F16 since its not very nice to fly. I m sure this one here will be better.
That's the good thing about all of these mid-motor jets, they are very easy to balance!
Dec 17, 2008, 02:27 AM
nac
nac
Thread OP
I have managed to video the F16 with the rudder mod

F16 Falcon Easybuild #2 (6mmflyrc Quickbuild) (1 min 46 sec)

[Updated] In SD and HD

NAC
Last edited by nac; Feb 28, 2009 at 11:11 PM.
Dec 17, 2008, 06:07 AM
Man, thats one sweet flying F-16! The rudder is far more effective than I would have imagined. Nice job!
Dec 17, 2008, 06:19 AM
nac
nac
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgantwin11
Man, thats one sweet flying F-16! The rudder is far more effective than I would have imagined. Nice job!
Thanks.

Yeah I am very happy with the rudder.

I had tried previously putting rudders on other Jets, but I put the rudder in the normal place on the vertical tail, so it didn't work very well at all. But after building a few 3D/pattern plans I worked out that I needed to keep the rudder as close as possible in the thrust line. So on the F16 it was easy to turn the lower part of the tail (exhaust) into a rudder.

BTW. I reckon if you wanted to minimise the mixing required you could reshape the rudder to have equal area above and bellow the wing line.
Dec 17, 2008, 09:48 AM
Crash & Burn
I like having a rudder on prop-jets. I put one on my maybz F-14. When it's low and slow, it turns much better now, though at high speeds it becomes a handful, mainly because all of the surface area is above the thrust line.

With the F-16, it looks like it works great. I'm going to add it to mine.

Bob
Dec 22, 2008, 03:28 PM
Has anyone had trouble printing the A4 tiled plans? I have tried messing with my printer settings but keep getting strips missing. Probably me, any suggestions please?

JimW
Dec 22, 2008, 04:01 PM
I believe in Kool Aid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
Has anyone had trouble printing the A4 tiled plans? I have tried messing with my printer settings but keep getting strips missing. Probably me, any suggestions please?

JimW
Normally you need to select "none" on page scaling to print out plans from pdf's. The print setting defaults to "shrink to printable area" and that messes it all up.
Dec 22, 2008, 04:31 PM
nac
nac
Thread OP
I don't think I added any overlap, so you may get a bit missing around the edges of each page.

I personally find it easier to butt the pages together and have some of the edge print missing.

But if the common preference is to have some overlap I can repost it?
Dec 22, 2008, 04:34 PM
Crash & Burn
Once I figured out that there wasn't any overlap, I found it easier to tape together the tiled pages, just my personal opinion.
Dec 22, 2008, 04:39 PM
nac
nac
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgmag
Once I figured out that there wasn't any overlap, I found it easier to tape together the tiled pages, just my personal opinion.

Yeah, in the past I had struggled trying to match up the overlapped pages. I now prefer no overlap
Dec 23, 2008, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I am getting about 1/4 in. margin and and bits of the plan are missing. I'll try and get rid of the margins or just butt them up and fill in the missing bits.

I have the scale set to none.

JimW
Dec 24, 2008, 03:51 PM
Foam abuser!
Man, how did I miss this thread before?

Nick,

Very nice plane, just like the F4D. I was at the Arizona Jet Rally back in November when Mike brought out this pile of 6mm foam and said "let's build a plane". Jim had cut out the plane from your plans and we were assembling the first cut. Mike did most of the basic assembly, and I finished it off and added the paint and decals.

Mike did the maiden flights. I took some still shots of the maiden, and some video of the second flight. Jim's wife also took some nice still shots a few days later.

I'm adding this one to my list and will do it the same justice as I did on the first cut.

For those who like having borders on your plans, I have Scale&Tile3 and will do up Letter and A4 tiled plans. I find it's easier to trim the border off one sheet, then match it to the adjoining sheet and taping them together over the overlap.

Pat
Dec 25, 2008, 12:34 AM
I believe in Kool Aid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Man, how did I miss this thread before?

Pat
Hey, I just found out after ordering a kit, 6mmflyrc is located in Gilbert. They are your neighbor!!
Dec 25, 2008, 02:12 AM
Foam abuser!
Yes, they are. And even funnier, CBFlyguy's wife does Pampered Chef as does my wife, and they are in the same Cluster!

Pat

Quick Reply