Oct 01, 2009, 06:55 AM
Ken's CAD Models
HK Servos!

The only ones that I have had a problem with have been the EM 9g servos. They are comparable with the HXT 900 in size, but quality. I've been especially using the HXT's alot. Out of a lot of 16 I had 0 defective.

Ken
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2009, 11:03 AM
We had perfect flying weather here yesterday evening. Carolina blue skys, very light to no winds. I managed to get a few flights in after dinner. I am really enjoying this plane!

The only thing I need is more batteries
Oct 01, 2009, 11:59 AM
Well, now that you know ...
Batteries I have - now I'm running out of daylight!
Oct 01, 2009, 01:35 PM
Nothing but high quality
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfeather
My personal choice is the 2s 360 20C Rhino. Very inexpensive; buy several.

I use either the 8x4 DD or the 8x4.3 SF GWS prop with the 1500 kV version of the 24 gr motor.
Will this work okay for an outdoor version?
Oct 01, 2009, 01:52 PM
Winging it Ò>
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadude
Will this work okay for an outdoor version?

If you are building to plans this should be fine. More than enough power as you will have thrust greater than weight. Good luck!
Oct 01, 2009, 01:56 PM
Nothing but high quality
Thanks

Jon
Oct 01, 2009, 02:16 PM
Flew my Yak for the first time this morning here in Los Angeles. Field had 15 mile hour headwinds. Plane flew great for about 2 min but the winds were to strong so I landed the plane and I will have to wait for another day. I am excited to give my plane a go when the winds are calm. I was using the APC 9x3.8 SF for a prop and the recommend Turnigy motor plus I used the wood control horns for the first time from RC Foam. They are a strong control horn and I recommend them to anyone building Leadfeather's Yak.
Oct 01, 2009, 04:18 PM
Winging it Ò>
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bart4u
Flew my Yak for the first time this morning here in Los Angeles. Field had 15 mile hour headwinds. Plane flew great for about 2 min but the winds were to strong so I landed the plane and I will have to wait for another day. I am excited to give my plane a go when the winds are calm. I was using the APC 9x3.8 SF for a prop and the recommend Turnigy motor plus I used the wood control horns for the first time from RC Foam. They are a strong control horn and I recommend them to anyone building Leadfeather's Yak.
Bart, congratulations on a short but successful maiden. 15 mph is pretty windy for a maiden flight, I'm glad you managed OK.
Oct 01, 2009, 09:04 PM
Downtown Minneapolis
Funny, At our field the wind can pick up quickly, while everyone sits, I fly the Yak. I must say that this plane is the perfect everyday flyer. Nothing more fun than flying this thing around on a windy day, pointing it into the wind and flying it like a kite.

Whats the average flying weight with battery for outdoor and indoor versions?
Oct 01, 2009, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I flew mine in a steady breeze of like 7mph. It was fun to just walk around it while it harriered in the wind!

Jesse
Oct 02, 2009, 07:30 AM
Winging it Ò>
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAdam
Funny, At our field the wind can pick up quickly, while everyone sits, I fly the Yak. I must say that this plane is the perfect everyday flyer. Nothing more fun than flying this thing around on a windy day, pointing it into the wind and flying it like a kite.

Whats the average flying weight with battery for outdoor and indoor versions?
A typical weight is about 5.5 oz no battery. So indoors with a .75 oz 2s 360 battery a typical AUW would be 6.25 oz. With a larger battery say a 3s 750 for outdoors, the battery weighs 2.3 oz so the AUW would be 7.8 with the bigger battery.

If you are able to build so that the battery is at the CG, swapping battery sizes to accommodate flying conditions is easy.
Oct 02, 2009, 08:27 AM
Chillin till SEFF
Mine is finally laid out on the work bench I think I'm ready to build. Got to order some bats but not sure what motor I have. Anyway, should be done soon enough and I'll have something to fly in the street again
Oct 03, 2009, 11:35 AM
Nothing but high quality
Link to where I can buy welders glue?

Jon
Oct 03, 2009, 01:24 PM
Winging it Ò>
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadude
Link to where I can buy welders glue?

Jon
Jon,

Lowes should have it. Orchard Supply Hardware may have it. Western Michigan Parkflyers has it when they can get it.

Also Amazon.com and eBay sometimes have listings if you search for Welders glue.
Oct 03, 2009, 01:32 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Ordered mine with the motor and prop savers from a fella in this thread I believe

Quick Reply