Oct 25, 2016, 08:24 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Hi Oz!! Was only thinking about you the other day! Great to here you are doing well and congrats on the rugrats!! I remember you talking about moving to a place like michelago or somewhere with the dream of your own landing strip!

I have been having fun with the drones and also have been having fun on the mower making tracks!

Floggin it : Martian II 220mm Betaflight 3.0 (4 min 7 sec)

Would be Keen to catch up with you guys soon ...i don't have any easystar at the moment ...just an overpowered flexy bixler ...think John still has his checkerboard nose ez*
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2016, 07:10 AM
I'm off my medication...
Hi MC - nice to hear from you - been a long time.

Bud - nice to hear from you too - I looked for you at the kite festival at harden a couple of years back - I should have given you a call.
Oct 26, 2016, 07:17 AM
I'm off my medication...
Nice vid Bud - looks like a bit of a moment at 2:06 though..., and I notice you didn't seem to fly through that stage gate (ag pipe in U?)...

Aren't the quads just mad. A friend is trying to get me into them and the FPV, and I will probably relent although for me flying on the wing is the way to go. That being said - FPV on fixed wing - that would be a blast too.
Oct 26, 2016, 04:48 PM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Yes they are mad!! I had got out of flying for a couple of years and I got back into it when I brought a quanum nova (a poor mans dji phantom) to do aerial photography but after I lost an esc on it I brought a cheap raving drone and I havent looked back. I now have the passion that I once had for the planes and I still havent flown a plane for a while ...and although my quanum nova is working It just isn't as fun as it can't loop lol.

Yeah that was a moment at 2:06.....i have had a few along that section ..its always a bit hair raising ...i know oneday ill end up in the dam! And that polypipe ring is like the black ring of death ...i can hit it but 5 times outta ten I'm wacking it! I'm about to put up a few more rings too so that should make it interesting! I have been thinking about throwing the track open once a year for all comers (everyday is open for friends lol) and have a Darcy Lang memorial race day (My Dad who owned the place) ..thinking of the 26th November at this stage

I have done fpv on fixed wing a few years back and I have a skywalker all set to put the gear in .....just can't get away from the quads lol... I am planning on making a small fpv wing so I can race it around the paddock.
Sep 11, 2019, 01:44 AM
Formerly bUd~Fokker
Miss this old group, hi lads! Just came back gathering some pics for a talk I am doing on aerial photography for a camera club. Sure was an interesting time going from the electrafun with a flycamone2 up to the dji phantom I fly these days. Have not done any fixed wing for far too long!

Quick Reply