Feb 28, 2009, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Same
Hmm, I just noticed the Ikarus Extra at my LHS is $50, cheaper to just buy the kit?

My fav backyard plane.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2009, 05:23 AM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Can't wait till I can fly in the back yard like that!

Does anyone know if Hobby City do gift vouchers? My birthday is coming up and will prolly score a $250 gift voucher from work. Was thinking Hobby city caus I need a bunch of servos and batteries at the moment. Could go modelflight, but i only really buy little stuff there, and they don't really have any planes I'm interested in at the moment. (I could do with a full range 6ch receiver I guess.) Could just ask them to grab me an Addiction straight off the PA site - that'll just add to the hardware bill though. Hmmm... decisions decisions.
Feb 28, 2009, 05:51 AM
Friday I'm in Love
Quote:
Originally Posted by blxpy
My birthday is coming up and will prolly score a $250 gift voucher from work.
You're gonna get a gift voucher from WORK for your birthday???? I want a job at your place!
Feb 28, 2009, 03:38 PM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Thread OP
Ben,

Haevn't heard anything about the MPXT. There is a great thread in the sports plane section about the MPXT.

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580260

Have a read, well worth it and should fire you up on the build.

Clovus
Feb 28, 2009, 10:57 PM
Never let a chance go by.

The wind dropped so out for a test fly. It was a bit disappointing that there was severe power sag after 5 secs of full throttle. The battery is at least 18mths old so I guess its had a reasonable innings. Otherwise the short bursts showed some promise and apart from nearly landing in the pool with no power it's all good.
Mar 01, 2009, 02:59 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Thread OP
Geoff that's a decent sized backyard....not quite in Machette's league, but still bigger then the average. Our backyard is really only suited to the heli. I guess I could buy the vacant block next door..... if I had $600k

Clovus
Mar 01, 2009, 03:05 AM
Hey crew.
Wondering if any of you guys know where I can get carbon fibre landing gear in Australia?
I need a couple of sets for some .40 sized planes I have.
Sick of rebending ally gear.

I know Bolly in S.A sell it. But they have discriptions and no images. If I am going to spend that much on gear I wanna know what it looks like first
Mar 01, 2009, 03:33 AM
Aussie 3DHS Addict :-)
I have looked around in aus as well VeeAte , but haven't found anything either
Sounds like you dont land , you arrive like i do
Last edited by WOOSHKA; Mar 01, 2009 at 03:56 AM.
Mar 01, 2009, 03:35 AM
Glue-it-again-Ben!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo62
Ben,

Haevn't heard anything about the MPXT. There is a great thread in the sports plane section about the MPXT.

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=580260

Have a read, well worth it and should fire you up on the build.

Clovus
Mate I'm absolutely committed to getting her in the air, and I'm sorry I've kept you waiting so long for a maiden report, it's just that I'm still short 4 servos and a speedy. With the Bday coming up I'm sure there will be some cash floating around (gotta love being in your thirties and still getting money in a card from your folks), and I'll have a Hobby City order in quicker than you can say "too much of a tight a$$ to buy electrics from his LHS"!

Had a quick look on the last few pages of that thread and love this vid by the way:

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT (4 min 29 sec)

That's got me fired up!
Last edited by blxpy; Mar 01, 2009 at 03:54 AM.
Mar 01, 2009, 04:37 AM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Thread OP
Wonder how he got a head cam to work. I tried gaffer taping my handicam to a bike helmet but was so heavy I could hardly hold my head up straight.

Clovus
Mar 01, 2009, 06:45 AM
I'm off my medication...
Went slope soaring today for the first time ever on Mt Taylor. The killer bee was silent for 30 or 40 minutes as I soared around with eagles etc - brilliant.

Plenty of other flying too - although no more combat this weekend - hopefully something again soon.
Mar 01, 2009, 07:08 AM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrcboy
Went slope soaring today for the first time ever on Mt Taylor. The killer bee was silent for 30 or 40 minutes as I soared around with eagles etc - brilliant.

Plenty of other flying too - although no more combat this weekend - hopefully something again soon.

OZ - Next time you are going to go... let me know I would love to check it!!

Are you talking about the ELEBEE?
Mar 01, 2009, 04:32 PM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Thread OP
Way to go Oz! Soaring is good fun, huh!

Mong,

How long does the flyzone cam record for? You still got a few to sell?

Clovus
Mar 01, 2009, 05:48 PM
Woodsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeAte
Hey crew.
Wondering if any of you guys know where I can get carbon fibre landing gear in Australia?
I need a couple of sets for some .40 sized planes I have.
Sick of rebending ally gear.

I know Bolly in S.A sell it. But they have discriptions and no images. If I am going to spend that much on gear I wanna know what it looks like first
I don't think you will have any problem with the BollyGear may be shoot them an e-mail and tell them what your after.

HC also do CF LGCF LG
Mar 01, 2009, 06:14 PM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo62
Way to go Oz! Soaring is good fun, huh!

Mong,

How long does the flyzone cam record for? You still got a few to sell?

Clovus

Hi Mate,

Yep we have em, and about 45 minutes, but you can extend that out with the extra large battery. I will look after you mate of you want some goodies!

Quick Reply