Nov 30, 2008, 03:04 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

sky surfer powered parachute $29.95 w/ Free shipping

http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html...YCa65C9B02E954
Last edited by interplanet; Nov 30, 2008 at 03:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2008, 03:45 PM
Thread OP
I have been looking for a cheap and easy night flyer. Should be easy do mod it with lights like below. I ordered 2, one for me and one for my buddy.

rc paraglider night flying (3 min 52 sec)
Last edited by interplanet; Nov 30, 2008 at 04:26 PM.
Nov 30, 2008, 04:24 PM
Does it have a light on it or what??
Nov 30, 2008, 04:25 PM
Thread OP
No, but its easy enough to put one on at the price
Nov 30, 2008, 04:39 PM
I have read all the reviews. More bad ones than good. I really want one of these but the negative reviews are making me nervous...
Nov 30, 2008, 08:44 PM
Indoor Free Flight Modeler
I had one of these it flew quite well once you get the hang of it. I swapped for a 2S lipo instead of the heavy nicad pack and if flew much longer and was lighter as well. For $30 it is a fun flying machine. I just bought one thanks for the link!

Don
Nov 30, 2008, 09:11 PM
I could not resist! Free shipping and less than 30 bucks, very cheap!
Rode in a real one, what a blast...
Nov 30, 2008, 10:18 PM
I remember that when I had mine launches were at full power. Then backed off to about 1/2-2/3 throttle or so once airborne. Since thrust controls climb it is best to add or remove power slowly as if you go too quick the gondola starts to swing back and forth. Once you get it trimmed out though it looks really cool! The worst part of the kit is the parafoil, it starts to come apart from assembly and disassembly at the flying site.

Don
Nov 30, 2008, 10:31 PM
what is the shoot made of cloth paper ?
Nov 30, 2008, 11:13 PM
If it flies, its cool
does it steer from a servo moving and pulling on the lines going to the back corners of the canopy?
Nov 30, 2008, 11:30 PM
Thread OP
I think so, wonder if it could be made 4 channel? I guess we will see.
Nov 30, 2008, 11:38 PM
It has only two controls. Throttle via the ESC, and a left and right servo. The servo has a long arm on it that the chute lines connect to. So when you move right, the right lines are pulled down and the left ones go up. Works very well. The chute is a thin plastic material like a grocery store bag. The ribs in the foil are from a flexible foam material and the foil is glued to the tops of the ribs. This is what usually came off after a while and happens from installing the spar. There is a long "spar' you insert just behind the leading edge to hold the shape.

Don
Dec 01, 2008, 02:03 PM
I replaced the 2 piece plastic rod used to keep the leading edge of the parafoil spread with a 1 piece fiberglass rod. Also wanted a better radio so I swapped the receiver with a Spread Spektrum. Yes, a lipo battery improves duration, but I have gotten caught in thermals that you have to really work your way out or kiss it out-of-sight gone!
Mine is with several breaks in the body now because it is styrene plastic which becomes brittle at 40 deg. F.
Some small novelty LEDs are easily attached for the calm night flying. Land and take-off from a lit area so you can judge the ground.
A new realm of flying that I encourage you to try.
Dec 01, 2008, 02:33 PM
In NY's beautifull hills
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator24
I have read all the reviews. More bad ones than good. I really want one of these but the negative reviews are making me nervous...

I was thinking of one for my grandson but the reviews turned off my thoughts
Dec 03, 2008, 05:09 PM
Mine arrived today. Looks like they have upgraded the canopy to a better grade plastic material and it is silver.

Don

Quick Reply