Nov 29, 2008, 02:23 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

theres so many damn heli's!!

guys new here- kinda looking for some direction. i have used a air hog small battle heli- it costs about 25 bucks looking for something that size but with more controlability and looking for the best bang for the buck kinda thing.
recommendations?
please help i have no idea about this stuff- thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2008, 02:27 PM
innocent victim
E-Flite Blade MCX......it's a coax heli, if you want a single rotor then the 4#3b or the 4g3 but they are much harder to fly then the MCX
Nov 29, 2008, 02:30 PM
dze
dze
eflite mcx would probably suit you .. its a coax but getting into a single rotor like a 4#3b will be much harder to fly right away ...
.. lol .. dam bladekiller you remind me of me
Nov 29, 2008, 02:33 PM
innocent victim
thats because we both spend too much time on this forum reading each others posts
Nov 29, 2008, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
ive seen the vids of that mcx and it looks very stable - almost like id be bored with it.
any good black fridays deal here on this site?
http://www.xheli.com/
i think i could handle a single- on that site theres a bunch of deals - any recommendations out of the black friday deals?
Nov 29, 2008, 02:49 PM
Thread OP
i just want it to be small and fun and not to pricey
Nov 29, 2008, 03:13 PM
innocent victim
well, fun is relative. If you like a challenge and dont mind a long, hard learning curve then get the 4#3b, once you learn how to fly it you'll have fun, a lot of people think the learning part is fun (I didnt) I found it very frustrating and I was learning on a larger 300 size, the 4#3b is harder because it's smaller.
If you dont want to work at learning then the MCX coax is for you...
Nov 29, 2008, 03:28 PM
A 4#3a or b will keep you busy. They are a blast. Learning them is a process, so if patience is at a premium, I'd get a coax. How are you at re-educating your co-ordination? Both sticks of the AH are on one stick on 4 channel. The other is for cyclic.
regards,
Bill
Nov 29, 2008, 03:30 PM
Thread OP
ahh k that did help thanks maybe thats where i wan to be then. for me this will be a toy first and hobby second. im sure ill have didnt feelings in the future and maybe buy something like that 4#3b. thanks guys im going to take another look at that mcx.

and where is the best place to buy today? with possible black friday sales still going on?
Nov 29, 2008, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysteven
ive seen the vids of that mcx and it looks very stable - almost like id be bored with it.
any good black fridays deal here on this site?
http://www.xheli.com/
i think i could handle a single- on that site theres a bunch of deals - any recommendations out of the black friday deals?
From xheli.com this looks good for bang for the buck http://www.xheli.com/new20es4raco.html
A little larger heli that you can take outdoors as long as it's not to windy. They also sell parts and upgrades for it.
Nov 29, 2008, 06:01 PM
i would get either the mCX or walkera 5G6-1. they are both really etable right out of box. go look at the multirotor forums they are having all kinds of fun with brushless and all in the 5G61. i'd get the 5G6-1 i feel is a little more hobby-like and a little less toyish.

if you plan to eventally get the 4#3b (assume you will "heli crack"), then the 5g6-1 might be a better choice as it is essentially a coax version of the 4#3b (same layout, identical servos, , interchangele parts, similar 4-in-1, exact same transmitter, and same batteries and charger, all of which you will come in handy on your 4#3b).
Nov 29, 2008, 06:18 PM
U break it U pay for it
I think the caliber 120 will prove to be the most agile single blade heli this xmas
Nov 29, 2008, 06:33 PM
innocent victim
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIT_BULLDOG
I think the caliber 120 will prove to be the most agile single blade heli this xmas
he's looking for something fairly easy to fly
Nov 29, 2008, 10:10 PM
Thread OP
Esky RAH-66 for $55 sounds like a nice price . how does that hold up? any reviews?
Nov 30, 2008, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltysteven
Esky RAH-66 for $55 sounds like a nice price . how does that hold up? any reviews?
The mechanics for the heli are the Esky Lama I believe. You can find info by doing a search in multi-rotor section.

Quick Reply