Vapor/Ember/Citabria/MCX & Air Hogs power connectors - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by glenn2626, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 28, 2008, 12:23 AM
Trader Rating: 125
RC Connectors dot com
For Sale

Vapor/Ember/Citabria/MCX & Air Hogs power connectors

For sale - Power Connectors found on Parkzone Etomic planes/batteries and select Air Hogs TX's/Receivers. Also used on the MCX heli.

If you have not seen the other items I've been selling (and the many happy customers), look here: Balance Connectors & Micro-JST Servo Connectors For Sale

Sold in "Kits". Kit "Vapor-B-small" is the housing shown in pix 3 & 4 plus three crimp-pins good for 28-32 gauge wires. (see pic 5). Kit "Vapor-B-large" is the same housing and 3 crimp-pins good for 26-28 gauge wires. These are the connectors found on the Etomic 70mAh single-cell lipo, and other knock-offs. These are also the connectors found on the AirHogs IR Heli TX and U-Build-It TX. (See pix 1 & 2)

Kit "Vapor-RX" is shown in pix 6-8, it is on the RX side of Vapor/Citabria/Ember Bricks and on the lipo charger that comes with those planes. The "Vapor-RX" connector is also found on some AirHogs IR Helis and the U-Build-It.

Prices: $1 each for quantity 5-10, $0.85 for 11-20, and $0.75 for 21 or more. You can mix or match any of the kits I currently sell to get the quantity discounts (lipo taps, Micro-JST's, ones in this thread, etc)

Paypal is GREATLY preferred. Other payments only by special arrangement. US shipping is $1.50 for orders $10 and under, FREE for orders over $10. International shipping is a flat $4 fee, no insurance or guarantees, though I do get a 'certificate of mailing' from the USPS on all international orders.

Post questions/comments here. PM with orders please.
Last edited by glenn2626; Jun 15, 2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: no minimum order!! Clarifying shipping costs
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2008, 04:51 PM
RC Connectors dot com

Now available crimped (w/wires)

Now available by special order (made after you order, may take an extra couple days to ship)

Vapor-Battery side connector with approximately 6" of 28-gauge wire. Wired polarity as it is on a standard Etomic single-cell battery (vapor/mcx). Weight ~0.54 grams. Also available unplugged from connector so you can insert them yourself. $2.00 each. $1 more for wires up to 2ft in length.
Last edited by glenn2626; Jan 12, 2009 at 11:27 AM.
Jan 05, 2009, 11:29 PM
Trader Rating: 1

Adapter from multiple 1S Li-Po batteries to 2S and 3S chargers

I would like to simultaneously charge multiple E-flite 1S Li-Po batteries using my two 2s and two 3s E-flite Li-Po balancing chargers. I think this could be done using by wiring the Lipo3 connector to 2 "Vapor-RX" connectors, and wiring the Lipo4 connector to 3 "Vapor-RX" connectors.

I would like to buy (2) Lipo3 connectors, (2) Lipo4 connectors, and (10) "Vapor-RX" connectors. I would also be willing to pay more if you would wire them up correctly. Either way, please let me how much and send me your PayPal instructions. Thanks.

-Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn2626
Title was Vapor/Ember/Citabria/Etomic & Air Hogs power connectors

For sale - Power Connectors found on Parkzone Etomic planes/batteries and select Air Hogs TX's/Receivers.

If you have not seen the other items I've been selling (and the many happy customers), look here: Balance Connectors & Micro-JST Servo Connectors For Sale

Sold in "Kits". Kit "Vapor-B-small" is the housing shown in pix 3 & 4 plus three crimp-pins good for 28-32 gauge wires. (seek pic 5). Kit "Vapor-B-large" is the same housing and 3 crimp-pins good for 26-28 gauge wires. These are the connectors found on the Etomic 70mAh single-cell lipo. These are also the connectors found on the AirHogs IR Heli TX and U-Build-It TX. (See pix 1 & 2)

Kit "Vapor-RX" is shown in pix 6-8, it is on the RX side of Vapor/Citabria/Ember Bricks and on the lipo charger that comes with those planes. The "Vapor-RX" connector is also found on some AirHogs IR Helis and the U-Build-It.

Prices exactly like my micro-jst and balance connectors: $1 each for quantity 1-10, $0.85 for 11-20, and $0.75 for 21 or more. Minimum order is 3 kits. You can mix or match any of the kits I currently sell to get the quantity discounts. CONUS only! Paypal only! Shipping is included!

Jan 09, 2009, 03:29 PM
RC Connectors dot com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinholdtsen
I would like to simultaneously charge multiple E-flite 1S Li-Po batteries using my two 2s and two 3s E-flite Li-Po balancing chargers. I think this could be done using by wiring the Lipo3 connector to 2 "Vapor-RX" connectors, and wiring the Lipo4 connector to 3 "Vapor-RX" connectors.

I would like to buy (2) Lipo3 connectors, (2) Lipo4 connectors, and (10) "Vapor-RX" connectors. I would also be willing to pay more if you would wire them up correctly. Either way, please let me how much and send me your PayPal instructions. Thanks.

-Paul
If you're sure the lipo balance taps fit your charger, then it should work, assuming you only try and charge depleted batteries. It may not like it (or refuse to charge) if you've got one full one and one or more empties together into a "pack".

PM sent
Latest blog entry: Lower shipping prices!
Jan 10, 2009, 08:23 PM
Trader Rating: 4
Ignint McNugget
Will you sell some of your 28 AWG wire by the foot along with these connectors?

If not, where can one buy such wire? Different colors like are used in balance tap connectors would be a bonus.
Last edited by Rumple; Jan 10, 2009 at 11:51 PM.
Jan 11, 2009, 12:56 AM
Trader Rating: 8
Stress Be Gone
Strange how I can't seem to find this thread listed in the forum it says it is in. Everytime I look it is not there. Only found it through RunRyder.

Figured it out. For some odd reason this forum is not being sorted by the posting date. Was able to get it to sort as I wanted and find this post. Weird.
Last edited by GBR2; Jan 11, 2009 at 01:21 AM.
Jan 11, 2009, 01:38 PM
RC Connectors dot com
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBR2
Strange how I can't seem to find this thread listed in the forum it says it is in. Everytime I look it is not there. Only found it through RunRyder.

Figured it out. For some odd reason this forum is not being sorted by the posting date. Was able to get it to sort as I wanted and find this post. Weird.
Yes, it is odd. Some forums I subscribe to here come up sorted that way by default. Others do not. Probably a setting managed by the forum owner, doubt they would change it if asked, but maybe it's worth a shot. The thing is that I can't make any rhyme or reason to how the ones like this ARE sorted, it's not by title or post count or obviously last post.
Jan 11, 2009, 01:40 PM
RC Connectors dot com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumple
Will you sell some of your 28 AWG wire by the foot along with these connectors?

If not, where can one buy such wire? Different colors like are used in balance tap connectors would be a bonus.
Sure, everything is for sale PM sent.

I get 26gauge and thicker at my LES (Local Electronics Shop). They don't carry 28 or smaller, so I buy that from Newark. They have LOTS of colors and much much cheaper than Digikey (for wire, that is).
Jan 12, 2009, 11:34 AM
RC Connectors dot com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinholdtsen
I would also be willing to pay more if you would wire them up correctly.
-Paul
Paul,

Your custom assemblies were mailed out today. Since I don't have your exact charger I can't guarantee they will work, but my research shows the EFlite chargers use the same taps I sell and polarized the same way.

Make sure to double-check the polarity/voltage of the vapor plugs before you plug in your batteries, and be careful not to yank via the wires!

For everyone: If you think there's TOO much force required to disconnect these plugs, there is a fix. There is a tiny tab on the back of the battery side that mates with the hole on the side of the RX plug. Gently rounding that with sandpaper or fine file will make it easier to insert/remove.
Jan 19, 2009, 05:01 PM

LiPo charge adapters work great!

Hi Glenn,

I got your adapters and all four work wonderfully. I double checked the polarity, plugged in the batteries to unpowered chargers on a fireproof surface and turned on the power. I have been charging multiple batteries in parallel for a couple of days now. My sons Blade MCX has practically no down time now! Thanks for your help, it saved me a huge amount of hassle.

-Paul
Jan 19, 2009, 09:50 PM
Trader Rating: 8
Stress Be Gone
Got my connectors from Glenn pretty fast after ordering them. I got the Vapor RX connectors and they fit the battery connectors on the mCX batteries just fine. Glad I was able to find them.
Jan 27, 2009, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn2626
Title was Vapor/Ember/Citabria/MCX/Etomic & Air Hogs power connectors

For sale - Power Connectors found on Parkzone Etomic planes/batteries and select Air Hogs TX's/Receivers. Also used on the MCX heli.

[snip]

Prices exactly like my micro-jst and balance connectors: $1 each for quantity 5-10, $0.85 for 11-20, and $0.75 for 21 or more. Minimum order is 5 kits. You can mix or match any of the kits I currently sell to get the quantity discounts. CONUS only! Paypal only! Shipping is included!

A long shot I know but here goes anyway...

I am in the UK and have been trying to find some Vapor-RX type connectors or leads for AGES to make a harness to charge my mCX LiPos as a pack - charging 6 of them one at a time takes AGES!

There are lots of places in the States selling the Parkzone spare leads (PKZ3052) but so far have only found ONE supplier here in the UK and they are out of stock waiting for more to come in - no surprise there!

Are you willing to ship to the UK ?
If so, could you find out how much shipping would be ?

Many thanks in advance
Last edited by BikerDon; Jan 27, 2009 at 05:48 PM.
Jan 27, 2009, 06:47 PM
RC Connectors dot com
PM sent - we can work something out!

Glenn
Feb 01, 2009, 06:37 PM
Trader Rating: 4
Ignint McNugget
I built a little parallel charge harness using Glenn's Vapor-Rx connectors which charges four of the mCX batts at a time in parallel. Works well.

Thanks Glenn.
Feb 02, 2009, 01:04 AM
Trader Rating: 333
Angering mobs since 1980.
Glenn...

I'm interested in the RX side connector with wires pre-attached. Do you offer this? I want to be able to use my Hyperion charger on these little batteries.

Thanks in advance...

--
Mike N

Quick Reply