EzOSD with EzTelemetry, Live Google Earth, and Antenna tracking! - Page 51 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Aug 26, 2009, 01:47 PM
Putting FPV to Business
FPVExtremer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL76MD
Hi there,

Does somebody know where to buy EzOSD in North America? Tryed nghobbies - sold out, futurehobbies didn't answer Email or voice msgs. Thanks.
I think readymaderc.com is about to stock up...check with Mr. Pibb here..

Cheers,

Ernani
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2009, 07:31 PM
fly it high as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVExtremer
I think readymaderc.com is about to stock up...check with Mr. Pibb here..

Cheers,

Ernani
Emani, thanks.
I will check it. At first glance it says (- 1), but what does it mean? - (negative) he doesn't have any (somebody preordered 1), or just one in stock.
Aug 26, 2009, 09:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen
No need for soldering, the GPS is on a cable with a connector. All that's needed is the GPS and new firmware we'll be releasing shortly. However the 10Hz GPS is only really useful on fast planes, like a FunJet at >100mph, for slower planes (like an Ez) the 5Hz update rate is more than sufficient.

Cheers,

Sander.

Thanks Sanders, that what I needed to know.
Aug 26, 2009, 11:27 PM
fly it high as possible
Hi Sander,

Just one more question to make sure I'm doing right when updating EzOSD. On attached pict. of windows, EzOSD Tools give me 3 files for updating: file EzOSD.fw - this is for ver. 0.96. file EzOSD_v1.00.fw - ver. 1.00 and one more - FontLoader.fw. Question is - should I use this last file for updating or is it for something else? Actually, i have never opened it for updating. Am I right? Thanks.
Aug 27, 2009, 01:06 AM
Putting FPV to Business
FPVExtremer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL76MD
Emani, thanks.
I will check it. At first glance it says (- 1), but what does it mean? - (negative) he doesn't have any (somebody preordered 1), or just one in stock.
He normally leaves the stock items -1 when he is awaiting stock items to come up, contact Mr. Pibb around here to see if he can attend your needs.

I strongly recommend him.

Cheers,

Ernani
Aug 27, 2009, 01:46 AM
Suspended Account
IL76MD,

You'll only need the 'EzOSD_v1.00.fw' file, the fontloader is not required as your EzOSD already comes with the fonts preinstalled.

Cheers,

Sander.
Aug 27, 2009, 07:28 AM
fly it high as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPVExtremer
He normally leaves the stock items -1 when he is awaiting stock items to come up, contact Mr. Pibb around here to see if he can attend your needs.

I strongly recommend him.

Cheers,

Ernani
Thank you, I have talked with nghobbies last night and they already sent me (just in one hour) a new EzOSD for replacing broken one. Wow, I have never seen somebody reacted so extremely fast as nghobbies. I'm feeling like i have a deal with Boeing supportive team. Probably next time I'll see Mr. Pibb. Thanks
Last edited by IL76MD; Aug 27, 2009 at 08:05 AM.
Aug 27, 2009, 11:20 AM
Mr.Pibb's Avatar
I should have a few EzOSD's around the end of next week hopefully(if Sander can get that shipment out to me. )
Aug 27, 2009, 07:31 PM
DJI Supporter
Sid3ways's Avatar
Do these new EzOSDs come with the 10Hz GPS?
Aug 28, 2009, 11:23 AM
Registered User
Hooks's Avatar

Duo2400: Compact 2400MHz A/V Diversity Rx


When will the Duo2400 be back in stock? I rather buy the Duo2400.

I have also been looking on this one http://www.draganfly.com/dragan-eye-...receivers.php5 so I hope not that I need to wait too long for the Duo2400 to be back in stock.

Aug 29, 2009, 09:55 AM
Registered User
QUIKSILVER's Avatar
Just ordered my EzOSD, but was 15 short to buy the antenna tracker at the same time Bummer!

I think mine is coming with the 10Hz GPS also

*New 10 Hz GPS receiver is included*

Should be here in a week i guess, all i need now is the ez tracking antenna and i should be able to milk out as much range with my poxy 10mw video link!

On a quick side note, whats the best patch antenna for your tracking system?

8dbi or more?

Looking forward to getting this, i have pondered over for it for a long time and i should of hit the pay now button ages ago!
Aug 29, 2009, 10:54 AM
Registered User
chancesAU's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIKSILVER
On a quick side note, whats the best patch antenna for your tracking system?
I just use a GP patch at the moment, ive got a 14db patch but its pretty heavy and my pan/tilt might not be able to take it I think...

GP is only 6db.
Aug 29, 2009, 11:00 AM
Registered User
QUIKSILVER's Avatar
Thanks, i was just looking at a 8dbi antenna, but i will keep my options open

I take it i dont need the EZtracker to get live Google earth video as i assume that its read from the encripted audio channel?

So all i would do is install the EZ software and plug my audio jack into the Line-in on the laptop and configure the volume to get the best signal?

something like that i figure?
Aug 29, 2009, 11:04 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU
I just use a GP patch at the moment, ive got a 14db patch but its pretty heavy and my pan/tilt might not be able to take it I think...

GP is only 6db.
I use a 14db patch with the recommended pant/tilt setup from the antennatracker manual. No problems what so ever. But keep in mind that you might need a good tripod that can handle the extra weight and movement

Edit: For a 10mw system you really won't have the need for the tilt function. But pan would be a must.. that is what i think...
Last edited by robin4; Aug 29, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
Aug 29, 2009, 11:06 AM
Putting FPV to Business
FPVExtremer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUIKSILVER
Thanks, i was just looking at a 8dbi antenna, but i will keep my options open

I take it i dont need the EZtracker to get live Google earth video as i assume that its read from the encripted audio channel?

So all i would do is install the EZ software and plug my audio jack into the Line-in on the laptop and configure the volume to get the best signal?

something like that i figure?
If you could wait a bit, I know of someone who is working on a neat Pan / Tilt stuff to work together with this system.

Cheers,

Ernani


Thread Tools