Superslo28" Build,Tip,Tricks thread! - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Dec 30, 2008, 10:52 AM
Registered User
tallflyer's Avatar
Diesel the slofly28 Superslo as seen in the photo I posted is a great slow flying trainer to learn 3D it has a slower roll rate and is perfect for small area flying and a new pilot

the mini 3D or we will call it the normal slofly is more a patern type plane with a faster roll rate and setup for more advanced 3D flying (but will also slowdown nice for close up flying but is a little more hands on.
Latest blog entry: Yunnec Typhoon H Review
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 30, 2008, 11:26 AM
Registered User
Diesel 48's Avatar
Well I am a new pilot, I will have to build the superslo version. Thanks!
Dec 30, 2008, 11:38 AM
Flying Models for 55 Years
Sixter's Avatar
tallflyer: In the How To Hinge video did you spray the 3M 77 Spray Contact Glue on the tape or on the foam. Did you use low temp Hot Melt Glue on the entire build? Also do you have a video on installing the Servos and other Electronic gear. GREAT Videos, they are a lot of help

Thanks
Bobby
Dec 30, 2008, 01:51 PM
Registered User
tallflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixter
tallflyer: In the How To Hinge video did you spray the 3M 77 Spray Contact Glue on the tape or on the foam. Did you use low temp Hot Melt Glue on the entire build? Also do you have a video on installing the Servos and other Electronic gear. GREAT Videos, they are a lot of help

Thanks
Bobby
the videos

Now that christmas is over I can get back to building and flying!

I only spray #m on the tape

I will post a couple more video as soon as I can clear my schedule and while Im on vacation next week!
Latest blog entry: Yunnec Typhoon H Review
Dec 30, 2008, 02:32 PM
Flying Models for 55 Years
Sixter's Avatar
tallflyer: What type Glue are you using to build the Super Slo 28?

Thanks
Bobby
Dec 30, 2008, 03:10 PM
Registered User
tallflyer's Avatar
Update

I use Foam tac glue for all my builds now.

Everything after that is held in place with tape.
Last edited by tallflyer; Jan 03, 2016 at 09:12 AM.
Dec 30, 2008, 07:21 PM
Registered User
iceman77's Avatar
tallflyer, just to let you know... your videos (flying and building) inspire me to start o the scratch build, I am so happy now and so grateful with you... you have no idea how much help someone can get from your posts... thanks much!!!
Ice
Jan 02, 2009, 11:25 AM
"plane don't hurt"
eruji's Avatar
Hi Tallflyer,

excellent build videos, ive been contemplating building the slofly for awhile now. Ive got the foam on order. Im going to use an AR6100 RX.

Finding the other components is the difficult part for me. Here is my hobby city basket:

1 X HXM2730-1300 - hexTronik 24gram Brushless Outrunner 1300kv $7.99
1 X SUP10A - SuperSimple 10A ESC $7.80
2 X ZIPPY5003S15C - ZIPPY 500mAh 3S1P 15C $17.00
3 X HXT500 - HXT500 5g / .8kg / 10sec Micro Servo $10.47

I just tried to use the list you posted on the first page. will these components work well? will the hxt500s be too heavy?

also i cant seem to find the HD prop, Hobby city has the right size but its DD. Also cant seem to find the motor mount either.

i think i can pickup the dubro rods and connectors at the LHS.
Jan 02, 2009, 02:55 PM
Registered User
tallflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji
Hi Tallflyer,

excellent build videos, ive been contemplating building the slofly for awhile now. Ive got the foam on order. Im going to use an AR6100 RX.

Finding the other components is the difficult part for me. Here is my hobby city basket:

1 X HXM2730-1300 - hexTronik 24gram Brushless Outrunner 1300kv $7.99
1 X SUP10A - SuperSimple 10A ESC $7.80
2 X ZIPPY5003S15C - ZIPPY 500mAh 3S1P 15C $17.00
3 X HXT500 - HXT500 5g / .8kg / 10sec Micro Servo $10.47

I just tried to use the list you posted on the first page. will these components work well? will the hxt500s be too heavy?

also i cant seem to find the HD prop, Hobby city has the right size but its DD. Also cant seem to find the motor mount either.

i think i can pickup the dubro rods and connectors at the LHS.
looks good!

These are many of the items I use on my planes..
Motor
Stick mount
10amp esc
5g Servo for the Elevator and Rudder
9g servo Ailerons
Props 9050 type
Prop saver
7.4volt 350mah batteries

Hardware
Control Horns
tape for hinges

Im going to shoot a couple more videos next week so stay tuned how to mount servos. how to balance let me know what you might want to see so I can add it to my list of stuff to video.
Last edited by tallflyer; Jan 03, 2016 at 09:20 AM.
Jan 02, 2009, 03:43 PM
"plane don't hurt"
eruji's Avatar
great. can't wait to build this.. what about the motor mount. I searched hobbyking but no luck.
Jan 02, 2009, 03:49 PM
Registered User
tallflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by eruji
great. can't wait to build this.. what about the motor mount. I searched hobbyking but no luck.
here is the part number for Hobby king

OR004-00602
Latest blog entry: Yunnec Typhoon H Review
Jan 02, 2009, 04:10 PM
Something Witty.
Court461's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer

Im going to shoot a couple more videos next week so stay tuned how to mount servos. how to balance let me know what you might want to see so I can add it to my list of stuff to video.
Can't wait for these videos. I really enjoy the ones you have posted so far. I am hoping to start on a slofly 28 soon, and need all the help I can get. Thanks.
Jan 02, 2009, 04:50 PM
Out the Window
High Flyin''s Avatar
Great Pics and Videos! Looks like a quick and easy build and a great flyer. I see the full sized plans....would anyone have a link to some tiled plans in PDF? Edit: oops sorry I see the plan is tiled, I just saw the first page and thought it was a full size plan! Oh well the first mistake of the year.....well maybe the first.

I have flown only trainers, but want to try something with ailerons and I have a couple Blue Wonders laying around. What do you think for a "almost beginner"?

Ray
Last edited by High Flyin'; Jan 02, 2009 at 05:16 PM.
Jan 02, 2009, 04:58 PM
Registered User
tallflyer's Avatar
you can download the plans from my site

www.sdparkflyers.com
Latest blog entry: Yunnec Typhoon H Review
Jan 02, 2009, 05:18 PM
Out the Window
High Flyin''s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer
you can download the plans from my site

www.sdparkflyers.com
Thanks, I see the plan here is tiled. You have a good looking site. I like the looks of the bipe kit on your site.

Ray


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Slofly28 Superslo tallflyer Electric Plane Talk 2 Nov 15, 2008 11:01 AM
Sold Slofly28" Superslo kit tallflyer Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Sep 11, 2008 11:33 AM
Sold 1 Slofly 28 SuperSlo kit, 1 Slofly 28 Acro, 3 GWS Pico servos - $45.00 shawn595 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Jul 25, 2008 01:26 PM