Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Nov 29, 2016, 11:40 AM
flyin' fool
Oh ................. and better than my $75 (CDN) Axi 2204s.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 05, 2017, 12:50 PM
How much does it weigh? Thinking about building it as an indoor flyer. The dome has an 8 oz weight restriction. Thanks
Jan 05, 2017, 01:29 PM
Mine was about 7 Oz with 800mah 2s packs and that was heavier than most. Go easy on the hot glue and you'll be fine. I flew mine indoors but it was primarily flown at the park.
Jan 06, 2017, 02:15 PM
Hi, here is another one

EPP 8mm,
130g total weight,
LiPO 2S 360
HW from "moregluethanfoam" TOPMODEL Viking.

Thnx for the plan.

Regards,

Sandi from Slovenia
Jan 06, 2017, 05:39 PM
Nice paint job Titanko.
Jan 07, 2017, 08:51 AM
Great looking plane!
Jan 07, 2017, 10:40 AM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
I made mine from 6mm MPF with a 4mm carbon rod in the wing and smaller one in the elevator. It flies great although I don't do 3d well. It handles normal flying well.
Feb 16, 2017, 07:17 AM

Trojan

I flew my Trojan yesterday for the first time and in 16 mph gust Thank you for the plans there Robert!

The plane handles the wind well. I did make some changes; added a horizontal fuse, made the control surfaces bigger, two aileron servos and added counterbalances to the ailerons. Can't wait to fly in indoors or in some calm weather! A true 3D warbird!

It uses 2730-1700 motor, 12 Amp ESC, 8 x 4 prop, 500/3 cell battery and four 9 gram servos. Weighs 8.3 ounces with battery.

Trojan 00 (5 min 20 sec)
Feb 16, 2017, 12:13 PM
Wow, awesome Trojan!
Great flying field (that runway!) but those couple of trees on downwind seem pretty close... (plane magnets...)
Feb 17, 2017, 07:52 PM
Thanks Martin. I've had a few trees grab a few of my planes!

Flew my Superslo 30 today for the first time. Here is a video of the second flight. This is an awesome plane! Might be my favorite this year!

superslo 30 02 (4 min 52 sec)
May 01, 2017, 01:35 AM
Hi all, I'm about to build my first electric model (I've been doing 60-sized traditional wood trainers/sports with 4-stroke engines, and loving it), which will be a simple flatboard foamie from SDParkfliers. I chose the T28, though I've got a feeling it might get a tad modified by the time I'm done with it. I'm not a very experienced flyer and I want something easy to play with in my local area without having to make a trip to the RC club.

Can't find the Bluewonder motor in Australia, and rather than order some Hobbyking thing I just went to the LHS and asked for a motor small enough for this design... long story short, I ended up with a Hacker A 20 34S Evo. Expensive... but at least I walked out of the store the same day with a motor. Guys I am TOTALLY out of my depth with electrics, I know almost nothing about them except for what I learned in the store the day I bought this stuff. I knew what an ESC is and why I need one, same for LiPo... anyway, here's what I got -
Hacker A20-34S Evo motor
Eflite 2S 800mAh 7.4V LiPo (EFLB8002SJ), will get a 2nd one too. Info: https://gshobby.com/content/e-flite-...lipo-20awg-jst
Hitec Minima 6E Rx (to use with Aurora 9X transmitter)
el cheapo generic Chinese feather servos, x4 (nothin' like havin' a spare).
Charger: Volt 680AC (Using this to charge a car battery from AC, then all my RC batteries from that).

Still need an ESC and I could use some help here... the store was out of suitable 10 Amp brushless ESC's. They had an 18A, instead I decided to wait for the 10 - http://www.perthrc.com.au/dualsky-10...ontroller.html. Alternative 18A is http://www.perthrc.com.au/dualsky-es...-airplane.html I figured the motor and battery are already probably heavier than the plans call for, but then again, this motor should be a little more powerful and the battery has over twice the capacity of the spec to drive it with. The store tells me this is a lightweight battery for its capacity (45g). Does that sound right to you guys?

My questions are: is a 10A ESC fine with this motor? Or is the 18A a good idea?
General: I've looked for the Bluewonder, it's 25 grams, this Hacker is listed at 29g. Sound right? Or is that not counting some part that makes a huge difference? ie can I count on those numbers?
Is this battery at 45g a reasonable weight and choice for what I'm doing here? Sure the capacity is great (plan calls for 250-400mAh) but am I just adding needless weight?
What prop would you guys recommend? I've heard there are slow-fly and "regular", how much difference will I see? Is it just a matter of less pitch or something? I understand props for my glow engines, never investigated for elec's.

If I'm reading the spec's correctly, these motors are reasonably close in performance - max current for the A20 = 10A, for the BW = 7.5, which at 7.4v suggests to me 74W and about 50W peak power, but the sheets say 100W max for the A20 and 88 for the BW.. I guess that's some sort of short peak power, heck I wouldn't know, I fly 4-strokes....

Just looking for any advice I can get about whether I've got a good choice of stuff for this model here, or if I should consider a different plan for this combination of equipment. I just want a nice slow flier, not interested in all that 3D business for now, I want to fly to have fun, not push the boundaries. This is going to be my only electric motor for quite a while, I'm really not interested in converting my glow models, and I'm probably only going to use it in SPAD-type designs, so my mates can have a fly and I don't need to care if (when) it breaks. They ask me if they can fly my "real" models and I have to say no, but they and I can both enjoy this one. Oh BTW got the foam, carbon rods, horns etc, just lacking knowledge of the power train.

Thanks for any input.
May 02, 2017, 07:07 AM
The motor should be fine for this plane, here are the specs.......

https://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/Br...=97800002&p=16

I'd use a 10 Amp ESC. Looks like it will handle 8 x 3.8, 8 x 4, 8 x 4.3 props. "Slofly" props are light and flimsy for these "Slofliers". You don't want a stiff, heavy prop.

The 800/2 cell battery is a little big, you'll get some long flight times, but the plane won't be as "floaty" as with a smaller battery. You can get some smaller batteries later.

On these planes, less weight = more fun
May 04, 2017, 11:06 PM
Great News for everyone that has followed this Thread Im working with my Friends over at wmparkflyers to offer some kits for the Superslo28 stay tuned for more info coming soon.
Latest blog entry: Yunnec Typhoon H Review
May 07, 2017, 08:16 AM
New set of plans coming soon! for the Full Fuse Superslo28!
Latest blog entry: Yunnec Typhoon H Review
May 07, 2017, 09:51 AM
flyin' fool
You mean as in a 'box' style fuse?