Jan 18, 2009, 04:39 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by xj35s
I need to make a slofly foamie for FMS. I've tried with the edges and the torque roll planes, even pitts. Too twitchy/fast for a newbie.

Anyone know of a good one to download somewhere?
This will have an extra wing, but it is very slow, I have used the AFPD version of it many times.

http://www.printonplastics.co.uk/inf...20Infineon.zip

I have not heard of a Slofly version for any sims.

Ron
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2009, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daoldguy
Watch you heat on that 9X5 if you are on a 3S, Throttle management required.

Yes, the Rudder will lie to you inverted.
Why would I need throttle control on 3s vs 2s? Does it pull more amps on 3s? Since I am flying indoors I hardly ever go WOT.
Jan 19, 2009, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel 48
Why would I need throttle control on 3s vs 2s? Does it pull more amps on 3s? Since I am flying indoors I hardly ever go WOT.
He just ment I think Dont just Hover your plane all the time and zoom around full throttle as the amp add up! most of us who fly this foam tye planes enjoy what I call close up slw flying anyways so it should not be a problem.
Latest blog entry: Yunnec Typhoon H Review
Jan 19, 2009, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer
He just ment I think Dont just Hover your plane all the time and zoom around full throttle as the amp add up! most of us who fly this foam tye planes enjoy what I call close up slw flying anyways so it should not be a problem.
TallFlyer is spot on. If you can pull a hover at 1/2 throttle, you would not have a worry. If your plane is a bit over weight for your motor and it takes 3/4 throttle to pull a hover you may start seeing heat.

Nice thing about a profile plane, the ESC is always in the breeze, that helps too.
Jan 19, 2009, 10:15 AM
I do not think my ESC gets to much breeze. I cut a hole in the plane and taped it in there for a cleaner installation. My motor got a little warm but the ESC was still cool.
Jan 19, 2009, 10:24 AM
Quote:
I do not think my ESC gets to much breeze. I cut a hole in the plane and taped it in there for a cleaner installation. My motor got a little warm but the ESC was still cool.

i installed mine the same way, but only taped it on one side. it never came out and still got plenty of fresh air.
Jan 19, 2009, 10:25 AM
Quote:
As long as you are aware, that is all that matters. Magic smoke costs money.
Jan 19, 2009, 04:16 PM
Last year, my ESC started on fire mid fight. I cut throttle, and landed her up sidedown, so the snow would cool the fire. Worked like a charm.
Jan 19, 2009, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot glue
Last year, my ESC started on fire mid fight. I cut throttle, and landed her up sidedown, so the snow would cool the fire. Worked like a charm.
Man....Now that is warm!
Jan 20, 2009, 12:53 PM
"plane don't hurt"
Well i have had a weekend full of flights on this plane so far and one thing is for certain, i really suck at flying. Thankfully the EPP soaks up most of the damage. I have a considerable amount of packing tape on the front half of the fuselage. This is my second plane, first was a minimag. I find that i have to use the rudder and ailerons with my turns now. The bank and yank flying of the minimag has left my left thumb weak and confused. Its getting better though... thanks for all the helpful posts everyone!
Jan 20, 2009, 01:07 PM
I found the same thing. I typically used ailerons and elevator to turn, now with the superslo I have been using most rudder and elevator. The rudder lets me turn so much sharper indoors. I hope this plane builds my abilities for all planes and not just profile 3D ones.
Jan 20, 2009, 03:14 PM
Daoldguy, Thanks that infineon is spot on. nice. I'm not too bad with it. practice makes perfect.
Jan 20, 2009, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xj35s
Daoldguy, Thanks that infineon is spot on. nice. I'm not too bad with it. practice makes perfect.
After a while it will be too slow and you can move up. I use AFPD for my SIM so I am not sure what all planes are in FMS. The next one I found was good to work with was the Cap 232 planes.

eruji
This Black Infineon <avatar> was my first plane 9 months ago, it has servered me well. It makes up for what I lack but that doesn't teach what you are talking about with the left thumb. That is why I am doing the slofly to push my self further.

The one thing I do with the Black plane is just fly with rudder and only use the Ailerons to get me out of trouble. This sorta makes me throttle and steer from the left stick. Your mileage may vary. But if you need a sharpe turn to avoid something as Diesel pointed out, that is the ticket.
Jan 24, 2009, 11:05 AM

slofly dots

Flew my slofly 28 for the fist time todoy it flew great did all the tricks.A freand came around that had never flown before and after 20min he was on his own.great plane and a must have for all foamy fans
Jan 24, 2009, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark starks
Flew my slofly 28 for the fist time todoy it flew great did all the tricks.A freand came around that had never flown before and after 20min he was on his own.great plane and a must have for all foamy fans
By George, I see Spots! That looks really good.

Bad thing about teaching the Newbie Fly Buddy to fly, he will want to fly your all the time until he builds one.

Speaking of Paint spots, this guys are doing spot, and checkers, and drop shadows, it is all good stuff and its on my favorite Foam.....EPP.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=985105
They have some good video, like TF has provided but geared for painting with Airbrush and Rattle Cans.

Cheers
Ron