Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 22, 2011, 03:24 AM
Thanks Robert. They are beautiful planes to fly

I'd be honoured to have it on your site!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2011, 07:16 AM
Finally got a chance to maiden mine yesterday(after getting side tracked building a GWS Tiger Moth 400 I got for my birthday). She flew really well I think, though I'm not much of a 3d pilot, just got it moving around and starting getting used to steering with the rudder and some opposite aileron.
Flew 4 packs thru it, landings were nice and gentle and it flew soooo slow it was easy to make some saves when it got a little too close to the ground.
Not sure CG is right, very pitchy, but could also be I was trying to fly too slow, she'd drop the nose rather abruptly at full rudder deflection so I've got a feeling I was actually stalling that big wing. Can't wait to get her back in the air.
One big plus was it was slightly breezy, maybe 5-7mph and inconsistent, but had no problems whatsoever , best was when the breeze was steady and she just hung in place in high alpha.

Pics coming soon, not equipped for video at this time.
Aug 22, 2011, 08:41 AM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy1958
Flew 4 packs thru it, landings were nice and gentle and it flew soooo slow it was easy to make some saves when it got a little too close to the ground.
Not sure CG is right, very pitchy, but could also be I was trying to fly too slow, she'd drop the nose rather abruptly at full rudder deflection so I've got a feeling I was actually stalling that big wing. Can't wait to get her back in the air.
One big plus was it was slightly breezy, maybe 5-7mph and inconsistent, .
Flat plat wings can be pitchy <dart> when you get into some breezy conditions, they tend to hunt a little. Try to sort it out on a calm day and you will be able to trim and understand more what it is really doing.

Side note.... Its not 3D if the wing is not stalled.
Double negatives are also a requirement of 3D.
Aug 22, 2011, 10:27 AM
Out the Window
Quote:
Originally Posted by dildil
me and a mate flying our SuperSlo 28s on the weekend
dildil

What a beautiful video. Love the images and the way they work with the music. It was a pleasure not to have to reach for the mute button while watching a video. Great music, flying, and video editing! It sure makes me want to have the same feel while flying.

Now I need a Superslow 28!

Ray
Aug 22, 2011, 10:38 AM
Lost but making good time
dildil,

Excellent combination of grace and sound! Makes one glad he's alive.

Regards,

Hankg
Aug 22, 2011, 01:54 PM
I used to like trees
That was a video masterpiece dildil! I liked how they fell into each others' arms at the end

I'm hoping to maiden mine by the end of the week.
Aug 22, 2011, 09:22 PM
RA-TA-MA-HAT-TA
Absolutely magnificent video Dylan!
Aug 23, 2011, 03:08 AM
thanks for the nice comments guys. It's easy when you have good music. It's a great piece, I'm currently trying to learn play it, it's almost as impossible as rolling harriers!
Aug 23, 2011, 10:05 PM
I used to like trees

Maiden flight

This plane is everything I hoped it would be and then some! Too much fun!
AUW just under 7 oz. with 350mah 2S batt.

I started off with some dumb thumb moves, but I got better each time I relaunched it. I had better results after I put in +40% expo on all control surfaces. I even hovered it several times (intentionally ) It almost made me look like I knew what I was doing. Thanks Tallflyer and all the other fans of this awesome 3D trainer.

I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.
Aug 25, 2011, 02:45 AM

Its been awhile!

I have not drawn or Designed a new plane in awhile so I saw this plane online that was a old balsa kit and modified it for 9mm and 6mm epp foam!
Latest blog entry: Yunnec Typhoon H Review
Aug 25, 2011, 12:51 PM
The "Foaminator"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer
I have not drawn or Designed a new plane in awhile so I saw this plane online that was a old balsa kit and modified it for 9mm and 6mm epp foam!
You need to get some sleep Robert!

MIke R
Aug 25, 2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth
You need to get some sleep Robert!

MIke R
Mike this is what I do when I cant sleep
Aug 26, 2011, 10:37 AM
The "Foaminator"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer
Mike this is what I do when I cant sleep
LOL, I need to put you on my design team and hook you up with the coffe pot, hahah, JK,

Have a good weekend.

BTW check your PM's have some ?'s

Mike R
Aug 26, 2011, 10:57 AM
The "Foaminator"
Want to take a moment and mention this...

I recently downloaded a set of plans. Printed them out, trimmed as needed and then laid them out and taped them together. Looked great. then I decided to do some measuring against another plane of similar build and when I measured the wing it was roughly 25" and change! Whoa!!! it's supposed to be 28" so then I measured the scale at the top of the page and sure enough the scale was off a touch, almost 1/8".

So I'm not going to get into how to adjust your printing properties etc, just want to let you know you need to check and adjust as needed for your paticualr PC.

MIke R

Ok I will add this, in my case I was printing this from the current version of Adobe Acrobat and in the printer dialog under page handling, the page scaling had been set to "fit to printable area". Change that to "NONE" Leave "auto rotate and center" checked. That's what worked for me.
Last edited by mikeruth; Aug 26, 2011 at 11:03 AM.
Aug 26, 2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruth
Want to take a moment and mention this...

I recently downloaded a set of plans. Printed them out, trimmed as needed and then laid them out and taped them together. Looked great. then I decided to do some measuring against another plane of similar build and when I measured the wing it was roughly 25" and change! Whoa!!! it's supposed to be 28" so then I measured the scale at the top of the page and sure enough the scale was off a touch, almost 1/8".

So I'm not going to get into how to adjust your printing properties etc, just want to let you know you need to check and adjust as needed for your paticualr PC.

MIke R

Mike which set of plans did you download again!

Robert