Feb 26, 2003, 03:50 PM
Thread OP

Corvette

I've just completed my 1/72 scale Revell Flower class corvette from WW2 and it had its first tour of duty this afternoon. It made awelcome change from building aircraft

Not a straightforward conversion to a working model, despite my initial confidence that it was. Because of that, can I offer my experiences with it for anyone contemplating building this model, or those already started?

There are two obvious sites which give useful info:-

http://members.shaw.ca/modelflags/tips/flower.html

and

http://www.cbrnp.com/RNP/Flower/MODE...ns_learned.htm

I took some advice from each of these with excellent results.

The original ships were built a few miles from where I live, and so I had an extra reason (not that I really needed one) to build this model. I made small changes which make it 'non-specific' so didn't use the number system - many didn't have them anyway.

I attach a couple of photos in the hope it spurs someone on to build one.

Tony
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2003, 03:54 PM
Thread OP

Corvette

Here's the second.

I've got the bug about this conversion lark! I started the Lindberg 1/125 Fletcher Class destroyer yesterday.

This one is a lousy kit, but will turn out as a very respectable r/c model when finished (I hope)

Tony
May 09, 2003, 05:30 AM
Tony,

I remember the Corvettes being a very popular conversion a few years ago, when I lived in England. I had a kit myself, but sold it before I left the country. I'd love to get another, if I ever see one in the shop, I'd buy it like a shot, but I don't fancy having one posted!
May 09, 2003, 10:08 AM
Thread OP
I've just downloaded the photographs taken at the Harrogate ME Exhibition today. There were about 7 of these models being shown on various stands. All quite different from each other! I'll pick some interesting ones and post them later.

Some of the more interesting boats/engines will also be posted.

Quick Reply