Feb 26, 2003, 02:07 PM
Thread OP

How to put li-poly battery into GWS Tiger Moth?

Guys,

I just got a 2 cell (K1020 2s) from B-p-p.
I found out that it's not very easy to put
it into my GWS TM's battery compartment.

It looks likt I can either cut the compartment
wider or make it deeper. Which way is better
to go? Thanks in advance.

All the best,

Tom
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2003, 02:28 PM
I cut the compartment a bit wider. Also, I removed some material under the bamboo dowel. My battery is mainly in the battery compartment, but some of it enters under the landing gear opening. A bit ov velcro insures it remains in place. The cowl covers up some of the batt. too. You can cut away some of the cowling or do what I did and attach the cowling with magnets. ( Velco would work too). Make for easy battery removal.

Will
Feb 26, 2003, 03:45 PM
Tight is Right
I punched a hole up into the front cockpit and put the ESC battery connector through it. My Li-Po's are velcroed into the front seat!
Feb 26, 2003, 05:42 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the replies.

I'll try Will's suggestion first. If it doesn't work
for me, Melfsmite's idea is very brilliant to me.

All the best,

Tom
Feb 26, 2003, 06:33 PM
Gee melfsmite how do you get your CG right with the batts so far back? Did you build with that in mind so your sevos, rx etc are far forward?
Feb 26, 2003, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure how to post a link in a reply, but search the Parkflyer forum for the following thread:

"GWS Tiger Moth Li_Po Photos please"

There are several very detailed photos of where to place the batteries. I just installed my batteries last night and opted for the method of making the battery compartment a little wider and carving a slot the size of the battery pack through the nose above the motor wire tunnel. Pictures speak a thousand words, so try to find the thread I referenced.
Feb 26, 2003, 08:13 PM
Thread OP
Ostrich,

I found the post. The photos are really helpful.
I really appreciate your help!

All the best,

Tom

Quick Reply