***Sea BB 42", 34" & 26" Plans, Build Guide, Pictures, and Videos*** - Page 2 - RC Groups
Nov 18, 2008, 07:42 AM
Ken's CAD Models

Motor ESC combo used

Here is the motor and ESC that I used in the prototype. Spins an APC 8x3.8 SF type prop. It will pull 150 watts, so be judicious with WOT. As you saw in the video, plenty of power.

The supplier website is www.lightflightrc.com

Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2008, 12:05 PM
treefinder
Twin??? what do ya think about this? It's actually off the Goose, but also has SV profile a lot like the BB. Almost done in Sketchup, need to "unfold" it. I have a pair of cf28-22's and a pair of bm2410-08's. Have to think how big she will have to be to fit those.
Nov 18, 2008, 01:23 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Very Impressive Mike!

You are really getting the hang of SU. the hull looks like it could be a little complex though. Fabulous non the less.

Ken
Nov 18, 2008, 01:58 PM
treefinder
Yeah, as I unfold it, I will see just how complex, may just do a carved monobloc like you did and "cover" it with blucor. also concerned about the 'v' bottom and how it will like to work on water, understanding flat bottom floats work better. I put a little flat bottom piece in just to see how it would look. not sure I llike it, though it would be an add, not subtract, so easier to do. Shall I post the .skp file?
Nov 18, 2008, 09:30 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Mike,
I have not had a problem with the V bottom on the Sea BB. It is quite shallow though.

You might like to start a new thread for this skp file, or email it.

Ken
Nov 19, 2008, 12:29 AM
Retired CAD guy
Springer,

Been watching Sketchup and the other Phlat developments.

I have Rhino 3D

I wonder if you'd share that 3D ?
Nov 19, 2008, 09:18 AM
If it flies, I will crash it
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Yeah, as I unfold it, I will see just how complex, may just do a carved monobloc like you did and "cover" it with blucor. also concerned about the 'v' bottom and how it will like to work on water, understanding flat bottom floats work better. I put a little flat bottom piece in just to see how it would look. not sure I llike it, though it would be an add, not subtract, so easier to do. Shall I post the .skp file?
Mike,
I have to agree with Ken, if you decide to share start another thread. The plane looks like it deserves it. I would love to see the file, if for no other reason so I can have a look at how you do things. So if you start a thread great, if not then you could consider including me on the attached to a PM or e-mail list.

Nice work,
Rob...
Nov 19, 2008, 09:38 AM
treefinder
Sounds like I should start another thread! Gotta go do some detective work on a video projector at church today, but will start uploading the stuff this pm. I managed to get the major panels flattened and into a tiled pdf last nite, so i can begin tinkering with foam.
Nov 19, 2008, 12:22 PM
AKA Don
Ken,
Do you plan to release the smaller Sea BB? I sure would like to see a 33-39" WS version.
Nov 19, 2008, 12:30 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Hi Don,

I almost ready to release the 26" version (which is actually 26.5"), and will have a 33-36" version in the works shortly.

A build guide is also nearly done, but I have had other items of household business that need to take priority.

Would you be interested in proofing the Build Guide up to this point?

Ken
Nov 19, 2008, 12:53 PM
AKA Don
Yes, Yes, email them to me.
Don
Nov 19, 2008, 06:56 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
Anxious bunch aren't we.

If you ever need beta testers you know were to find them.

Rob...
Nov 20, 2008, 07:08 AM
I'm not flying backwards!
Should be no sweat finding beta testers, she's a beautiful plane. If I may be of assistance with anything, simply ask.

Tony
Nov 20, 2008, 08:12 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Thanks Tony,

I appreciate the support that this community offers.

I am nearly complete on the airframe for the 26" version. Should post some pictures this weekend.

Ken
Nov 20, 2008, 08:48 AM
AKA Don
Can't wait to see the SEA BB26.

I volunteer to beta the SEA BB33-36.