Winch drums for sale - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by jbrandon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 16, 2008, 09:45 PM
Trader Rating: 14
For Sale

Winch drums for sale

These two drums are left over from a batch I made for a research group who wanted a larger drum core than I usually supply (2) with my Winch2048. They do produce more line speed with a little less torque. Either drum will hold 2 one pound spools of #36 or smaller nylon line.

One has a 2.25 core the other is 2.5 core. Both drums are constructed from 6061 aluminum and are turned and trued on a mandrel once assembled. Sides are .375 6061 tapered to .250 on the outside. All hardware is stainless steel. Both drums are 4.8 from out side of flange to out side of flange. This does not include the .75 brake drum. These do not have the very thin walled core as some drums you will find for sale here or on eBay which are subject to crushing under load, they are .250 wall thickness and will hold up to the most aggressive launches. Includes drum and drive pin which will fit the hole on the FLS or other motors shafts.

These may not fit a FLS winch without modification. I can and will make modifications at no charge to the overall width once purchase before shipping.

Price for either is $135.00 plus $10.00 shipping via FedEx/UPS ground (my choice). Payment by PayPal only, no money orders, eChecks or bank checks.

Questions; email winch2000@theshope.net or PM me here.

Jim Brandon
to remove ads between posts