Thread Tools
Feb 24, 2003, 04:44 PM
Registered User

question about trainer

hi guys,

what is a trainer. for instance a trainer airplane, or a trainer helicopter. what do they mean by trainer and how does it makes them trainer models different from other non-trainer models.

Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2003, 04:57 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
Wright Flyer's Avatar
Trainer usually just means a plane / heli with sedate controls (and in the case of planes that it is dynamically stable with dihedral, for example, to make it self righting).

When you get good at planes/helis you actually want them to feel "twitchy" so you can flick it into a roll/loop/inverted/whatever instantly. But you most definitely don't want this to happen when you're a beginner! The term "3D" is often used to describe such "twitchy" aircraft.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Question about a Trainer aircraft rockr777 Beginner Training Area (Fuel) 33 Feb 04, 2006 01:11 PM
Question about MA Gearboxes fw-190 Electric Plane Talk 12 Jun 07, 2001 12:20 AM
weird question about foam Mark Fitz Electric Plane Talk 6 Jun 02, 2001 02:16 PM
Question about Astro 15 geared motor ? Tom Smith Electric Plane Talk 2 May 31, 2001 10:26 PM
Question about the flash 5x jtthebiggafigga Electric Plane Talk 5 May 27, 2001 09:14 AM