Jul 01, 2019, 05:05 PM
Entropy is happening!
The battery constraint arrangement you use is very good Ronald. I use it also.
It is especially relevant in aerobatic models such as the type you fly. Not so important on docile tug planes, like I am (re) building now.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 07, 2019, 09:26 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson
The battery constraint arrangement you use is very good Ronald. I use it also.
It is especially relevant in aerobatic models such as the type you fly. Not so important on docile tug planes, like I am (re) building now.
Thanks Jim, here is the complete layout without any extension of the battery cables (only series wiring cables).
The wood tray where the big 6S Graphene packs are is removable and temporary. It will be replaced by fixed stops when I find the perfect CG position.
Ronaldo
Jul 28, 2019, 02:50 PM
Hello everybody.
What do you think about this?

Willy
Jul 29, 2019, 01:54 AM
Dead link
Jul 29, 2019, 03:59 AM
Not dead, but off-topic.
Is an LC filter, known and used mostly by FPV guys, to power FPV stuff from the same battery as propulsion, and filter switching spikes.
Definitely not related to long wires.
Aug 24, 2019, 11:53 AM
The T-motor alpha Esc series use Sine wave driving http://store-en.tmotor.com/category.php?id=59,Can these Ecs's use long batt cable's without extra capacitors?
I think Dji use it,they have esc mounted together with motor on there Propulsion System.

And what do you think about Kiss Esc?"sinHybrid :: Sinwave/BackEMF Hybrid mutation for smoother running.)","No additional capacitor needed for 3-5S."https://www.flyduino.net/en_US/shop/...003?category=2

Does anyone know any else "sinus wave esc" in 0-50 gram and can use 3s-4s lipo?if they now can stand longer cable's....
Aug 24, 2019, 01:49 PM
That "sine" wave is still produced by high frequency chopping...
This led to smaller smd capacitors, that are mixed on the board with the other components.
But they are sill there, can't be otherwise, where are wires, there is inductance, that not play nice with a switching FET. Without a capacitor to deliver power for the rising and falling fronts of the square wave, the FETs will be a lot hotter than should be.
Aug 25, 2019, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
That "sine" wave is still produced by high frequency chopping...
This led to smaller smd capacitors, that are mixed on the board with the other components.
But they are sill there, can't be otherwise, where are wires, there is inductance, that not play nice with a switching FET. Without a capacitor to deliver power for the rising and falling fronts of the square wave, the FETs will be a lot hotter than should be.
But if you look at this post:https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post33264587 and read the line: "Long DC-lines will increase inductance and with this also amount of induced voltage. To overcome this, there is a rule-by-thumb to add some 100F distributed each 10..20cm along the DC-line. These additional caps are not needed for sine-ESC, because no sharp changes of DC-current are produced with (smooth) sine-shaped currents."

And the first page on this thread they also claim that sine wave esc does not need extra capacitors:"This goes for all makes, they all use the same principle (except SLS controllers, they use sinusoidal commutation instead of trapezoid and tested 150m extension without extra capacitors). However, lengthening the motor wires may lead to radio interference. Give the three of them a twist to prevent this, or tie them together."

And Dji use Esc near mounted motors,So it seems to work without extra capacitors.

Just wondering if the Kiss Esc could count as a sine wave esc? it's interesting because of it's light weight and it work at 3s-4s lipo

Edit: In the spec of the Kiss ecs it is written:"(**) For very long LiPo power lines (more than 20cm) or for smoothing the power supply, attache a 100 400μF Low ESR 25V (or more) electrolytic capacitor to the power pads. Caution! When used with 5S lipo, the use of a electrolytic capacitor is recommended." So the "sinHybrid" technique demand extra cap's
Last edited by sjak; Aug 25, 2019 at 03:58 AM.
Aug 27, 2019, 08:17 AM
"sinusoidal commutation"... seriously ?
Is this the marketing term for ludicrously unobtainium ?

smooth sine-shaped currents is the output, but at the input power demand is still on-off. Else, the switching elements would be hot as hell if running in the linear area.
The key difference is that the switching frequency is so high that manufacturers can provide on board caps big enough to allow wires long enough for the biggest multicopter.
Sep 20, 2019, 05:02 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
Thread OP
Added SLS controllers capacitor pack pictures to OP.

Air-cooled and industrial version.
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; Sep 22, 2019 at 11:55 AM.
Sep 20, 2019, 09:13 AM
homo ludens modellisticus
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
... "sinusoidal commutation"... seriously ?
Is this the marketing term for ludicrously unobtainium ? ...
An old and obsolete paragraph in my opening post, I removed it completely.

Prettig weekend Ron
• Without a watt-meter you are in the dark ... until something starts to glow •
e-flight calculatorswatt-metersdiy motor tips&tricksCumulus MFC
Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; Sep 20, 2019 at 10:55 AM.
Sep 21, 2019, 09:32 AM
WJH
WJH
B747-400 First Officer
What about a Hexacopter where you have no choice but to have long battery wires?
Sep 21, 2019, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WJH
What about a Hexacopter where you have no choice but to have long battery wires?
No choice ?? On my multirotors I put the ESCs as close to the centre of the craft as possible, so battery-to-ESC distances are minimal. If you really have no choice, then extra capacitors are the answer, as in the original post.

Quick Reply