This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 12, 2008, 03:47 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Locked & loaded

PIC debugging complete. There was a bug where DAMPING_SIGN variables interfered with analog readings, but just moved the DAMPING_SIGN variables somewhere else & it started working. Maybe it'll explode over some yellowjackets.

IMU calibration complete. Throttle range calibrated. Rate damping & control directions tested. Engine cutoff & failure testing complete. Threadlocking applied. Ny-ties tied. LED's lighting. Went back to engine cutoff switch + throttle stick since there isn't enough off margin when the transmitter is on & the rate damping is active. Now those propellers R really off when they're off. Running out of things to do without flying.
Last edited by Jack Crossfire; Nov 12, 2008 at 03:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2008, 09:11 AM
I think the prop saver goes under the prop and the band goes over top of the prop. Like this.
Nov 12, 2008, 09:29 AM
Enough Power? -NEVER ENOUGH!
yep you got it up-side-down
Nov 16, 2008, 10:23 PM
Hey Jack, the prop saver is installed backwards in your photo. The prop saver goes on first, and then prop. If the shaft is cut down, then prop can 'bend' if a strike happens. I have this exact motor and prop saver on my ugly 36" span flying wing.

Quick Reply