Sep 12, 2009, 08:03 PM
Sign me up!!!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 27, 2009, 07:46 AM

new projects

With Loyalhanna re-introducing the Hartman line of products, I wondering if there is a lot of new projects on the benches. Would love to hear from anyone who is starting a Hartman tug.
Sep 27, 2009, 08:56 PM

New things coming to Hartman Line

As soon as I finish the last of the locations for ISO 13485 registration and move all the stuff to my new backyard Barn - there are a few new things coming to the Hartman Model Boat Line. Some small, some inbetween, and some large.

Then there is a couple of scale sail coming too.

Happiness,
Rich
Sep 27, 2009, 09:02 PM
I got one several months ago and have played a little with it, I have to first finish my Wyeforce which was started. Next will be the the GREG!

Marc
Oct 01, 2009, 09:23 AM

Hartman instructions

Just wondering, I was giving a Hartman DOUGLAS GREG kit to build for a guy. In the box is only the 2 sheets of drawings and a booklet on the other kits that Dwight Hartman was producing. I am wondering if there should be a set of instructions to go along with the 2 sheets of drawings, or is that it? It looks like a pretty basic assembly, but instructions would have been a nice addition to the kit.
Oct 01, 2009, 09:46 AM
Hi Dale,

That's pretty much it... The plans take up a bit of wall space
Last year Kurt Van Dam did a built up over the course of 5-6? issues of Ships 'n Scale. Not sure exactly which months, maybe someone on the forum knows. It is a helpful review. Post Pics!!! Harry
Oct 02, 2009, 07:30 AM

Hartman Article

As Harry said, Ships n Scale ran a build series Sept 2006 thru May 2007 I think five parts. Good Build article.

Marc
Oct 02, 2009, 09:24 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Kurt spent a lot of time filling pinholes in the fiberglass during his build, as he was working with a Hartman original.

With the Loyalhanna-built hulls and parts, that ordeal should no longer be part of the ritual, as the new stuff is surfaced with gelcoat---.

Dwight had problems with acquiring that material, which is why he never used it. In fact, rumor had it that his supplier was a bit overly pricey on resin too---.
Oct 11, 2009, 01:29 PM

hull prep

I was given the Hartman Douglas Greg tug kit to build for another chap which was manufactured in 1998. The hull looks to be in perfect condition, I don't think it will need much prepping like Kurt had to do. I am wondering if I just got lucky in getting a good quality hull or did the quality drop after 1998? I see that Loyallanna is asking to borrow Hartman kits so they can make new molds as their's are getting worn out.
Oct 21, 2011, 06:54 AM

Another one

The only other Hartman Tug I've seen in person. Last spring @the Owls head Transportation museum model show. Harry
May 11, 2013, 09:28 AM

First ru n of the season....

Well,the bugs were bitting

Tried out the Hydroplane and got the Endurance out. Not alot of luck. Hydro is sloooow. Changed out to a hotter motor Graupner speed 600 bb. Should perk it up. The Endurance ran great, for about 2 min. Battery is tired. I've had it since '97 so I shouldn't complain. The smoke unit wasn't working so I rewired it so it isn't hooked up with the motor/speed control and finally got it going Yeah!! And today it is pouring so I'll have to wait to see how everything goes. Harry
May 11, 2013, 11:22 AM
no such thing as to many boats
Very cool nice boat
May 11, 2013, 11:24 AM
Very nice. Looks like you have scale speed on the "CC".

Ed
May 11, 2013, 11:59 AM
Glad to hear you got her "wet" at last! A credit to YOUR "Endurance!

Pete G.