British Ivan Model Builders Organisation (BIMBO) Flyers - Page 51 - RC Groups
May 05, 2011, 04:54 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
Yes, yes!

I've just got the retracts to work on my Mossie, at last! The Starship has had some graceful and successful flights in the recent fine weather. Next I have to straighten up the Minicat. Then something we haven't seen yet.

Sadly, I don't think I'll have time for the Shoestring. I'm looking forward to seeing Mike's Shoestring, and the Mustang. How's Andy getting on with the Minicat? What has everyone else been up to?

Can't wait!

Nick
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2011, 05:03 PM
I hope that is the weekend we have booked otherwise I am sunk since I have booked the friday off work as usual.

Not really flown this year so I need to get the thumbs back into practice.

I have a Hurricane to maiden sometime and the MiniCat is well on its way.
Thread here http://www.rchobbyhub.com/index.php?...5df5b592b56bc7

Latest post is a bit out of date but due to be updated shortly.
May 06, 2011, 02:59 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
I'll be in the camper as usual. Just the floats of the Islander to glass-cloth, and she'll be ready for a test: nowhere near finished, but more finished than the "porta cabin" was on it's test flight, Scott
May 07, 2011, 02:52 AM
Chipmunk and Sealand will be my IP 'passport' models. Final decision on what else to bring will be determined by weather forecast and space in the car. The latter consideration will almost certainly rule out the T61 though.

I assume that we won't let Paul in at all unless he brings his Sealand along this year?

Trevor
May 07, 2011, 03:15 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
We'll have a bouncer at the gate...

I'll have to bring the Ivan's Auster to show it where the scratches came from, the repaired Scooper and the Islander. Only 44 building days to go!

Mike
May 07, 2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks for that cheerfull thought Mike.

No extra presure then!
May 07, 2011, 03:22 PM
Paul!

Don't let anyone forget that it was your car which fetched the ladders! Of course, while we were away, I'm told the farmer came by with the biggest cherry picker of them all. Though, I expect they were just winding us up!

So, what have you got for us, Paul?

What about that cunning plan that you and Scott were hatching last year?

Nick
May 08, 2011, 03:42 AM
Quote:
Then something we haven't seen yet.
Hi Nick,
You trailed your coat - so you first... amongst other somethings, I'm still progressing the Sealand - that other project you mentioned is here:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1329877
Both of these have advanced since last I posted on them. I will not know what will be coming until the day before, by the look of things - except to say that the P.1121 wouldn't look good on floats and that whilst a bungee would get her out of the field, getting back in would be something else... Anyone got a 1/14 scale aircraft carrier..?
Paul W.
May 09, 2011, 12:56 PM
I see a need for a volley ball net to join us to retard someones plane.

Any takers?
Last edited by pentaxman; May 09, 2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: My lousy spelling or typing
May 09, 2011, 01:53 PM
Nah, the trees will stop it, no problem.
May 09, 2011, 04:33 PM
Paul!

Wow, that Hawker jet looks the business. I wonder if I can arrange for the farmer to build a haystack at the end of the field. That should stop it. Or you could waterproof all the electrics and then dive it into the lake like pelican. That might work.

See you there!

Nick
May 10, 2011, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Or you could waterproof all the electrics and then dive it into the lake like pelican. That might work.
Accidentally or on purpose?!!
Thanks Nick & glad you like the P.1121. The haystack might not endear me to everyone else though, those with models that can be landed in a more civilised fashion. The idea of a footy-net was a passing flight of fancy too. Talking of flights of fancy, after a recent TV documentary involving low-level aeronautical fun, over water in the Canadian outback, I keep returning to the idea of a different model - for use with something with a little back-spin over the lake...
I'll not return to the Hawker to finish it, until the Sealand has been maidened -so sighs of relief all round and therefore no prospect of further obstructions to avoid folks, like haystacks, or nets (I'll not mention Trees of course, being well aware that 'naming is calling'!)
He couldn't make it last year, but my particular co-conspirator from these parts might well be able to attend this year, with an electric Beaver on floats.
Paul W.
(PS: should I bring the roof bars again then Nick..?)
May 11, 2011, 06:55 AM
I had a call from Chris Stanley yesterday. He's our contact for the permission from British Waterways. He says the fishing bailiff from hell has raised an objection. I emailed the other bailiff, AndyIro@hotmail.co.uk on 2 March and have had no response. But the objection is based on the new lip to the dam that has been built. He says it forces his fishermen further around the shore. I went down there yesterday evening and, sure enough, there were some guys fishing from the spot we used for flying last year.

Jim, who still inhabits the old sailing clubhouse, says there's a limit to how far they can go. So I walked around to the next available spot and took a photo. Access to this spot is by going through the gate at the end of the field we use for flying. I've checked with the farmer and he's happy with that. Here are some photos I took. What do you think? Any other ideas?

Just to confirm... We're still talking about the weekend of 25 June.

Roof bars, Paul? certainly. Will, the farmer will be on holiday that week, so, no chance of a cherry picker this time.

Cheers

Nick
May 11, 2011, 07:55 AM
Nick, Is this further round than we went last year? The water was very low then and we walked around the shoreline but I guess we can't rely on doing that?

I hope the bailiffs can get their act together - and that the right one wins!

Trevor