Apr 08, 2018, 08:15 AM
Great. Looks like we have managed to get accom organised.

Rosie the Bimbo guard is ready and willing!

Sue
to remove ads between posts
Apr 08, 2018, 12:02 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
Good old Rosie!

Put me down for a mug please Mike, 10? I'll start saving up. Can I pay you via Paypal?

We can't come on the Friday I think. I'll have to put the floats on my Shoestring for Sunday.

I'm also hoping to go down to Eastbourne again to cheer for Scott.

Apr 08, 2018, 01:41 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
I'm finishing off Mudeford Week on the Friday, with the prizegiving in the evening, so will not be round or flying until Saturday.
Apr 08, 2018, 03:11 PM
As of now, Mary and I both have clear diaries for the whole weekend (Friday - Monday). No doubt we will make more detailed arrangements nearer the time when it’s clearer how many of us will be around at various points during the weekend.

I know there are many Ivan model builders who read this who have yet to attend a BIMBO gathering, so it would be good to see a few new faces. Please PM Mike or myself for more information.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Trevor
Apr 11, 2018, 12:33 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
And here's the mug, one of seven just collected from Val Sparks, the potter. Bless her, she did one extra "because you never know what might happen". This is the last of her mugs for BIMBO because she is leaving the pottery she has worked at for 25 years "and hasn't a clue what she's going to do!"

So thanks Val for all your work and good luck in whatever you choose to do.
Apr 11, 2018, 02:14 PM
Thanks Val, I'm proud of my BIMBO mugs.

Apr 15, 2018, 04:44 AM
build like there is no 2moz
Hello all, sorry for long time absenteeism....
Safely home from travels and busy sorting life.
I will have to see about the weekend. Gutted I just read this now (I have been pretty useless as sorting my diary) and had as of wednesdsay just booked to be cycling across frnace that some weekend. :-( _ ARGHHH.
Fingers crossed I can move it, or do some re-arranging.
I'll rain check and let you all know.

Mike- glad you had an awesome time in COMOX.
Nick, great job on the Birdman pic :-) Progress on this years craft is coming along well, and I hope to be able to test fly it prior to the event.

Fingers crossed I can sort something, else I may be ale to come do some of the Friday./ Saturday
-not that I have a working waterplane except the minidrake atm anyway.

Scott
Apr 16, 2018, 06:17 AM
Slip the surly bonds...

What could it be?

Super-fast postal service from Chilliwack to Christchurch, with Ivan's xxxxxx plan for me to start work on when I come back from a well-deserved break at the Tenerife SPNOKA apartments.

There are three 2m sheets of detailed plans for constructing the xxxxxx. Well, someone had to do it!
Apr 16, 2018, 06:31 AM
Must be a big job. The Dragonfly has only 2 sheets.

Good luck!

Nick
Apr 16, 2018, 06:56 AM
Looks like a DH86 Express to me...
Apr 20, 2018, 12:34 PM
Blackburn Beverley? Never before seen on floats though!
Apr 21, 2018, 02:14 AM
Hmm... make sure you keep those loading bay doors shut!
Apr 21, 2018, 05:05 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
The Blackburn Beverley Mk III?

Not this time.
May 25, 2018, 09:14 AM
Getting back to the Bimbo weekend. We now have a Corgi get together on the Sunday but am still available for the rest of the time.

Martin and Sue
May 25, 2018, 12:29 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
So you are into Corgi not Dinky? I was a dinky toy boy myself, but looking back, Corgi were pretty good

Quick Reply