British Ivan Model Builders Organisation (BIMBO) Flyers - Page 110 - RC Groups
Apr 11, 2017, 01:02 PM

RCM&E recognition for Mikes' Saunders-Roe Princess

Congratulations Mike on your winning entry in Pilots' Pictorial for this months RCM&E magazine (May 2017).
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2017, 10:56 AM
What could possibly go wrong?
Congrats Mike
Apr 19, 2017, 11:01 AM
In preparation for our BIMBO w/e 28/30 July, I went down to the field and had a chat with the estate manager. What a lovely guy and what a super job he has! Next year he's planning a 3 acre lake in the next field.

Here's a short video just to get a feel for the space and the visual cues. I was standing with my back to the sun, taking off to the West. Almost no wind today. There are empty fields at both ends of that strip, I was pleased to know. Lots of space and not many trees.

Mossie (3 min 21 sec)
Apr 19, 2017, 11:09 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Thanks guys: can I encourage BIMBs to send in photos - they are much appreciated.

The field looks great and the Mossie too.

I am selling my camper and getting an estate car, mainly to reduce overheads, as we don't use the van much. But I will be looking for somewhere to stay over the BIMBO weekend. Any suggestions?
Apr 19, 2017, 12:52 PM
The Bulls Head, Arthingworth has rooms and I believe the George at Gt Oxendon has just opened with rooms after a major overhaul.

Waterloo Farm, Gt Oxendon has a very good campsite.

With everything that you and Trevor and Mary have done in previous years, we will be delighted for you to stay with us. We have room in the garden for Scott's tent. After that, I'm afraid parking is the limiting factor.

Apr 19, 2017, 02:11 PM
Parkcityflier
Nick, I could have sworn that I saw one of those trees trying to stretch up and grab that Mossie as it went by.

Jim
Apr 19, 2017, 03:34 PM
You're right Jim. I find depth perception more difficult than orientation. I thought the plane was nearer.

I also have a problem with the tail fin that gives me yaw problems. I plan to rebuild it completely or, at least, strip the covering off. You might see some wobbles earlier in the flight.

Apr 19, 2017, 03:57 PM
Hello Nick. The field and the Mossie both look good - and so did the landing!

Mary and I are looking forward to the weekend. Here's hoping that the weather cooperates.

Trevor
Apr 20, 2017, 07:56 AM
71% of the world is runway . .
Nice flying Nick ! the mossie looks very nice in the air.

Kind regards,

Bart
May 29, 2017, 06:31 PM
TripleThreatRC on YouTube

Ivan Pettigrew flying his Short Solent 400

Ivan Pettigrew and his Short Solent Float Plane (6 min 39 sec)
May 30, 2017, 01:47 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Superb video, many thanks for posting it. Nice weather you had this year!
May 30, 2017, 02:52 AM
TripleThreatRC on YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith Mike
Superb video, many thanks for posting it. Nice weather you had this year!
Thank you very much and yes, the weather couldn't have been any nicer. We deserved it after the crazy winter we endured this year.
Happy flying!
Cheers, Bob
Jul 06, 2017, 12:42 PM
A trip this morning down to our BIMBO meeting place for this Summer, just to get some visual cues and to give you another look at the field. Also, of course, to practice landing, the only stunt that really matters. Wind was about 10mph from the East. At about 2.25 into this video there's a heron flying by.
Shoestring (3 min 58 sec)
Jul 06, 2017, 02:54 PM
Complete the Illusion!

Turbulent

G-ARGZ nearing completion, just a few small jobs to complete before test flights (planned next week), Wing covering to complete, battery mount and a few cosmetic additions such as windscreen & dummy motor.

All electrics installed, motor run up today, around 240w on a 9x6 should be ample, AUW as it stands as it is is only 22oz without battery, so should end up 28-30oz depending on battery and final additions.
Last edited by 35Mhz; Jul 06, 2017 at 03:32 PM.
Jul 06, 2017, 03:27 PM
Nice job! I like the pilot.

Remember the Sinclair C5? That little car had a 250w motor. Never got off the ground mind you. I don't know what they weighed but it was a lot more than 22oz.

Last edited by nickchud; Jul 07, 2017 at 01:31 AM.