British Ivan Model Builders Organisation (BIMBO) Flyers - Page 11 - RC Groups
Apr 17, 2009, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentaxman
I could always sling my 100" glider in the car for the boat man to be buddy boxed on. Actually if the wind is right and the field big enough I may be able to bungee it
No, stop, stop, stop! If you bring a bungee, I might feel the need to blow the dust of my 100in too. And it's got an aerotow release, so somebody might decide to bring a tug. And then I would feel the need to bring the Alpina Magic as well. And then, and then . . . .

Trevor
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2009, 10:01 AM
What could possibly go wrong?
I'm bringing a bungee anyway chaps. Necessary to get my Starship into the air. In fact, Sean, who lives in the house on the dam is the winch operator at the gliding club a couple of miles away, so we should be able to get anything airborn. I thought I might fix a kite to my dog. He'd like that.

Nick
Apr 17, 2009, 10:09 AM
You guys have seen the section in the waterplanes sticky about Hydro Gliders? >>>>>>>>>>>... there's even a free plan for one on The Plans page.
Apr 22, 2009, 10:18 AM
Facilities

I've spoken to Sean again today, he's being very helpful and he says he will make sure his rowing boat is available for us. I think his busy time is weekends and he also has parental duties, so he probably won't be around much. There is a working, flushing loo at the sailing club, but no electricity. I'll bring an extra 12v car battery each day and take it home at night to recharge it if necessary.

The gliding club, 2 miles away, has pitches for caravans and tents with electric hookups. There's a bunk house there too, not to mention a bar. They've got at least a couple of full size Chipmunks as well.

I haven't spoken to the farmer since last November. I'll try again tonight.

I went down and had a look around again yesterday. It's all looking perfect. The sheep have done a good job on the field, I don't think any cattle have been there. The water is a bit higher than it was before the winter. There's still a nice slipway and a gentle beach.

hah!

Nick
Apr 22, 2009, 10:45 AM
Sounding really good.
I am almost getting excited now.
Apr 24, 2009, 04:20 AM
I finally got through to the farmer this morning. He hasn't forgotten us and he says everything's fine for 30-31 May, including camping, mowing and closing off the field for the weekend.

I did say there would be 5 of us, with some spouses and that planes are electric. Some more people would be welcome, but please contact us on this thread before turning up. The contract I've signed with the British Waterways says "invitation only" and I think I said "up to 16 pilots".

cheers

Nick
Apr 24, 2009, 07:54 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Bravo Nick,

Is it OK if I turn up on the Friday evening?

Mike
Apr 24, 2009, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith Mike
Bravo Nick,

Is it OK if I turn up on the Friday evening?

Mike
Yup, certainly!

I have to collect the key from the farmer, hopefully early enough to mow a strip. He tells me he hasn't enough sheep to keep up with the weeds at this time of the year.

so, if you get there before me, you might have to park outside and hop over the gate.

cheers

Nick
Apr 24, 2009, 11:18 AM
Mike

You may wish to bring a good camera with you.

If Nick is late with the key, you may bear witness to me "hopping over the fence" with 2 large tents and poles, each of the 4 bags weighing around 50kg. I guess it will not be much of a hop!

Brilliant news there Nick.
Only the weather to ruin us now.
There will be space in the tents to accomodate us all (and hopefully the models too) if the weather turns, you may wish to bring some seats/loungers with you.

Do we have any ideas for entertainment if we have a no fly day due to weather?
Apr 24, 2009, 12:08 PM
Entertainment?! Was that Mike or Trevor doing a very fetching little dance in front of the FlycamOne in the cockpit of the Rapide? here

Whoever it was, I think he has a great future.

Nick
Apr 24, 2009, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickchud
Entertainment?! Was that Mike or Trevor doing a very fetching little dance in front of the FlycamOne in the cockpit of the Rapide? here

Whoever it was, I think he has a great future.

Nick
Neither of us. I was going to say who it was, but Keith asked me not to

Trevor
May 07, 2009, 04:59 AM
build like there is no 2moz

Yet another IP Plane attending

Hello All,

Firstly my thanks to Mike and Andy for inviting me to this event.

I shall be bringing an IP Twin otter 480 (with floats if i get my act together )
I will also bring along a couple of my other electric models (land based if thats ok?)

Do you still need lifejackets to fullfill the safety criteria, as i have a couple spare i can bring along??
May 07, 2009, 05:40 AM
Nick- That pilot in the Rapide looks like hes got a very bad case of Balti Belly and he's just been told there's bad turbulence ahead for the next 100miles
May 07, 2009, 07:53 AM
Scott! that's brilliant! You'll be very welcome

Pentaxman is the safety man and I think he has life-jackets under control.

AB ... about the dancing man .... You could be right, those particular dance steps bring back memories.

cheers

Nick
May 07, 2009, 11:27 AM
Scott

You are welcome, glad you can attend.

Fetch the life jackets anyway just incase my source of supply does not come off.
I believe Nick has got the boat sorted although our dingy is still on standby.

Looks like the generator is sorted now, the work one is a 2.7 KVA unit so plenty powerfull enough for our use. Just hope we get no emergencies at work that will need the use of it.

My fleet is predominantly land based so bring along whatever your like.
As you seem to have guessed it is electric only so no glow / diesel stuff.
Bungee power is fine too so fetch your gliders (eh Trevor - fancy a bit of aerotow with the Chipmunk - never done that before).

I will do a mail shot in a week or 2 just to confirm the items that others are covering are still available and will be brought.

Mike and Scott
Any ideas / suggestions for friday evening meal or do we want to sort ourselves out as and when we all arrive or a brief BBQ (bearing in mind we may doing be BBQ on Sat too)?