Jun 30, 2010, 10:09 PM

Nick's Photoshop

I didn't notice that I hadn't seen the Auster until I read the comment by Frank von J. It took a second look for me to find it. Great work Nick.

Trust Frank von J to see it. Now you all know what it takes to be a Class I Air Traffic Controller. Way to go, Hawk Eye Frank! I'll recommend you for a promotion from Comox to Heathrow.

Mike, I don't know how much longer I can sit on the best kept secret of Chilliwack: what happened when you flew a certain Shoestring? Aren't you glad my camera was broken that week. Where was Glen P at that moment?

Thanks Trevor for the hint about this time next year. Just that day, reading about all your fun, I was wondering about the same thing. Do you think I will last long enough to see the day?

Greetings Ivan
to remove ads between posts
Jul 01, 2010, 01:38 AM
What could possibly go wrong?
Thanks Ivan

Quote:
Do you think I will last long enough to see the day?
No two ways about it. You'll just have to hang in there. You wil be very welcome indeed.

PTman

Quote:
You have too much spare time on your hands sir - time to fettle another plane I think.
I do have a cunning plan and I've started cutting pieces this week. When I described it to Trevor he said: "like a DH1 flying backwards." It's called an EasyCat. The Easy part because the wingplan belongs to the LongEZ and Cat, from catamaran, because there will be twin hulls to support the canard instead of a fuse. Then I'll be able to have a tractor motor right in the middle. Not very good visibility for the pilot, but I always need an excuse. With apologies to all the great balsa officionados here, it will be Depron with balsa spars.

cheers

Nick
Last edited by nickchud; Jul 01, 2010 at 01:52 AM.
Jul 01, 2010, 03:35 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanp2
Mike, I don't know how much longer I can sit on the best kept secret of Chilliwack: what happened when you flew a certain Shoestring? Aren't you glad my camera was broken that week. Where was Glen P at that moment?

Greetings Ivan
Epoxy is a wonderful thing. Here is a picture of the tree: you can't see the join where Ivan epoxied a branch back on...

And the model - can you see any signs of damage? The plane looks pretty good too.

Greetings Ivan!

Mike
Jul 01, 2010, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Epoxy is a wonderful thing. Here is a picture of the tree: you can't see the join where Ivan epoxied a branch back on...
And the model - can you see any signs of damage? The plane looks pretty good too.
Hi Ivan, Hi Mike,
This is definitely not a notifiable event: you would not have needed a ladder to retrieve the model and therefore it cannot count towards Mike's 'three-in-a-tree' record attempt for this flying season...
Paul W.
Jul 01, 2010, 07:57 AM
-Flight enthusiast_
Hi Ivan,

Is this the same Shoestring that I flew later on - the one with the loosened servo tray that seemed to be hard to pull out of a dive? I can imagine the conversation after the crash, "Really Ivan, it just didn't seem to react to my control inputs that well - honest!"

Cheers!

Glen
Jul 01, 2010, 11:10 AM

A different Shoestring

Sorry Glen. You were flying the smaller 43 inch Shoestring and Mike the 58 inch one, so we can't blame the lose servo mount on Mike. After his initiation, Mike did some really good flying. He needs to be more inovative in thinking of a place to lay the blame when trees get into his flight path. The one common thread is that the models were designed by the same guy. When they are bigger than the norm, they always look to be closer than they really are. Ivan
Jul 01, 2010, 11:50 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Thread OP
Quote:
He needs to be more inovative in thinking of a place to lay the blame when trees get into his flight path. Ivan
Ivan - I thought we agreed that I wouldn't tell anyone how you locked yourself out of your workshop, if you didn't mention the tree incident? The full story may have to be told...

Mike
Jul 01, 2010, 11:51 AM
Quote:
When they are bigger than the norm, they always look to be closer than they really are. Ivan
Yes, I recall this fact got Ivan himself into a little situation a few years ago, in an incident with his Solent and another innocent pilot who happened to be flying at the same time.

Luke
Jul 01, 2010, 01:53 PM
OK, fess up. We need the gory details.
Jul 01, 2010, 03:26 PM
Uh-ooh!

Now we find the whole truth!
Jul 01, 2010, 04:10 PM
Time to feel not so bad Mike.

I just watched Ice Pilots on the telly and some stupid Turkish pilot just landed a (full size)Scooper on the runway without the wheels!
What a mess.
That will take more than a bit of CA to fix it.
Jul 01, 2010, 07:09 PM
In Trevor's defence I've seen trees run across the field to snag a model airplane
Jul 02, 2010, 01:44 AM
Quote:
In Trevor's defence I've seen trees run across the field to snag a model airplane
Me too. Though I don't think Trevor needs much defense. It's Mike and I who compete for the title of most accident prone BiMBO. I think I have more repairs to do after last weekend.

cheers

Nick
Jul 02, 2010, 05:48 AM

My PC Desktop

I was trying to introduce a bit of order into the procedings by adding a control tower with Ivan in charge, but he came with a bunch of his disreputable buddies and now nobody's concentrating.
Jul 02, 2010, 09:02 AM
Now that really is Friday productivity at it's best!

Trevor

Quick Reply