Nov 09, 2008, 11:55 PM
Been There! Done That!
Thread OP
Discussion

Slow Stick Goodies.

As promised here is the first of the Beta goodies sent to me by Dave Thacker at www.radicalrc.com.
First up is the adjustable Motor mount. This is adjustable for both right and down thrust correction. First pic is with no down correction and second pic is with maximum allowable down correction. As you can see it's a bunch. Next pic is the top of the mount and right thrust correction is set with various thickness laser cut washers which are furnished.
Next item is the control horns. The holes fit the furnished Slow Stick control rods. A snap to install and horn locks in place. A little CA and they are there forever. Next pics are the V-tail mount. I will be using 1-1/2" more than 1/2 the furnished stab as I want extra control surface. Normally the stab is just cut in two and both halves make up the V-Tail. Will build the Nose Wheel/tail wheel Mount next. Stay tuned. New LG mount is also on the way. BTW it looks like in a bad crash the motor stick would break at the front leaving enough stick to reverse for a new mount. The items are on the website with beta pricing. The SS Kit will arrive next week and I will be installing the items on the new plane. It will have the V-Tail, 30oz thrust brushless and tri-cycle LG.
boomer
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2008, 01:01 AM
my karma ranover my dogma
Hey boomer, neat goodies!

I checked the website, looks like great stuff for the SS.

Waiting for your review....
Nov 10, 2008, 01:18 AM
Been There! Done That!
Thread OP
Here is how the nose gear/ tail wheel mount looks in use. Will post close up pics of the mount pieces assembled.
boomer
Nov 10, 2008, 11:49 AM
Fully Sending It
Oooh, v-tail
Nov 10, 2008, 01:29 PM
build, fly, crash, repeat ...
that looks great boomer, when are we going to be able to buy this stuff? I looked the web page over and couldn't find any of the beta stuff.

I really like the nose gear and motor mount
Nov 10, 2008, 02:10 PM
my karma ranover my dogma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Linfoot
that looks great boomer, when are we going to be able to buy this stuff? I looked the web page over and couldn't find any of the beta stuff.

I really like the nose gear and motor mount
Look here...

http://www.radicalrc.com/shop/?cart=2136502&cat=249&
Nov 10, 2008, 05:14 PM
Hello everyone, I've been rapidly doing the instruction sets, we're shipping these items now. Click on "Kits", then look for "Slow Stick Hopups and Parts" to find the entire list.

There are a few more parts that were not in Boomers good package. I'll fire them off soon so you can see them all.

To follow, Main gear mount for 3/32 wire, Servo tray that stays together, various mounting tabs for experimenters and ......... you never know.

Any with an idea they think others would be interested in, feel free to suggest.

Dave
Last edited by radicalrc; Nov 10, 2008 at 05:22 PM.
Nov 10, 2008, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Oooh, v-tail
Oh yea, she is one bad looking stick, will try to post a photo tuesday of the shop airplane.

Dave
Nov 10, 2008, 05:25 PM
Been There! Done That!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalrc
Hello everyone, I've been rapidly doing the instruciton sets, we're shipping these items now. Click on "Kits", then look for "Slow Stick Hopups and Parts" to find the entire list.

There are a few more parts that were not in Boomers good package. I'll fire them off soon so you can see them all.

To follow, Main gear mount for 3/32 wire, Servo tray that stays together, various mounting tabs for experimenters and ......... you never know.

Dave
Thanks for jumping in here Dave. Will start my build the end of the week so the addional parts are appreciated. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
boomer
BTW Dave informs me that using 1/2 the stock Stab/Elevator gives plenty of control so will revise my V-Tail to use both halves of one stock Stab/Elevator.
Nov 11, 2008, 01:27 PM
Another goodie package leaves for you Wednesday. Mounting Tabs and landing gear mount.

Dave
Nov 11, 2008, 01:44 PM
Been There! Done That!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalrc
Another goodie package leaves for you Wednesday. Mounting Tabs and landing gear mount.

Dave
Thanks Dave. I will watch for it!
boomer
Nov 11, 2008, 04:09 PM
Been There! Done That!
Thread OP
Here is the nose/tail gear mount. I have ordered a K & S Mighty Wire Bender and Coil Machine tool from Tower for $24.49 along with some 3/32" wire so I can duplicate the coil spring in the DuBro 1/2A Nose Gear that is now installed. The DuBro gear is fine for the tail wheel use but way too short to use for my nose gear as the Brushless outrunner I am using swings a APC 11 X 3.8 SF Prop for about 30oz of thrust.
I should add that the coil is NOT needed for the long nose gear as the 3/32" wire has plenty of flex without it...... I just like to mod mods!
boomer
Last edited by boomerace; Nov 12, 2008 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Typos
Nov 13, 2008, 01:39 PM
Hooray! My Radical RC SS Motor Mount is officially en route!

*And now a shameless plug*

The Radical RC online shopping experience was great. Followed up by prompt and informative emails. My motor mount just shipped. I'm very excited.

Many thanks to Dave. And thanks to Boomer for pointing me to these SS goodies!
Nov 13, 2008, 01:50 PM
Been There! Done That!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappySF
Hooray! My Radical RC SS Motor Mount is officially en route!

*And now a shameless plug*

The Radical RC online shopping experience was great. Followed up by prompt and informative emails. My motor mount just shipped. I'm very excited.

Many thanks to Dave. And thanks to Boomer for pointing me to these SS goodies!
Dave,
Has another shipment of new goodies on the way. Will post more when they arrive.
boomer
Nov 13, 2008, 05:28 PM
Ok, here is a shot of our V tail stick in the air. This model has the thrust line adjustable motor mount, improved landing gear mount, nice control horns and I think a servo tray at the time of this shot.

Since this flight, we updated the kit with our 1" extra height wing mounts, single servo mount for nose gear (photo'd model has glued on servo) These will be listed on the website soon as we get a chance to test fly them.

The servo tray is an improvement over the GWS part. Ron reports the GWS stock part seperates in a bump often pulling the grommets out of the servo lugs making for a troublsome reassembly. This mount is laser cut from aircraft ply and with front and back joined together. The spacing is adjustable, once glued, no worries about it popping appart in a crash.

I've got a whole assortment of wing perches, 0,5,12 (Stock), and 55 degrees of dihedral along with an assorment of risers. So, it will be possible to raise the wing up and change the characteristics of the model as well as mount wings with differing dihedrals easily. My Risers are stock, +1", +2", and +3". I sent this entire set of wing mounts to Boomer today. They have a rubber band peg setup that is much easier to use than the factory parts.

Dave
Last edited by radicalrc; Nov 13, 2008 at 05:48 PM.

Quick Reply