This thread is privately moderated by szastoupil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 08, 2018, 11:36 PM
Scott Zastoupil
Thread OP
The AMA NATS schedule has been announced. There are some new additions this year in the world of soaring. F3RES and F5J have been added to the mix of events.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...27&postcount=1
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2018, 05:48 PM
RoyH
Anyone planning on going out glider flying this weekend? I'll drive up if I can get some company to fly with. I need practice and advice on how to fly contests.
Anyone up for F3RES?
Thanks,
Roy Hippert
Apr 24, 2018, 10:05 PM
Scott Zastoupil
Thread OP
Hi Roy. I don't think anyone has been out to the field yet. There is still some snow in areas and in the process of melting with the heavy snowfall we had last week. The sod farm is very sensitive to heavy moisture and will likely need another week for it to be flyable. We need to take care in not making any impressions. If someone makes a trip out to access the conditions, hopefully they will post here.
Apr 25, 2018, 06:25 AM
Pro Bro #829
I would be up for some soaring if the conditions permit this weekend.
May 15, 2018, 12:06 PM
RoyH
Is anyone going to the wood crafters event 1-3 June at the AMA field? I am going down there and should have some spare room in the van.
Thanks
Roy Hippert
May 15, 2018, 12:33 PM
Scott Zastoupil
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipperra
Is anyone going to the wood crafters event 1-3 June at the AMA field? I am going down there and should have some spare room in the van.
Thanks
Roy Hippert
That sounds like fun. I know a few have discussed it past years, but not sure if anyone has gone from VAM or the Winnebago club.

What models do you fly at Ray's event? The Nostalgia event during the Soaring NATS is always interesting to watch. Planes like the Challenger look very involved to build......10lbs of balsa sticks.

Scott
May 16, 2018, 12:10 PM
RoyH
This will be my first time for this event. I wanted to go the past two years but something kept coming up the last minute. I'll be bringing a variety of wooden, string launched planes. Spirit, Spirit 100, Riser 100, Bird of Time, X-RES, AndREaS, and a couple of 1.5 m planes.
Roy

Quick Reply