This thread is privately moderated by szastoupil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 12, 2009, 03:04 PM
Scott Zastoupil
Thread OP
Summarized message from Tim Stadler:

Quarry Field is off limits to VAM on Wednesday, May 20th - no exceptions. The City of Appleton is doing dangerous electrical work with WE Energies and they really do not want anyone out there that day - all day.
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2009, 06:34 PM
I'll be out flying most of the day friday. Any takers?
May 21, 2009, 07:12 PM
Friday evening is out for me, but still having fun. Troy is coming over and we are going to mount his Area 51 engine in his Extreme Flight Extra. You are welcome to swing by if you want to check it out.
May 31, 2009, 07:03 AM
Looks like a great day for flyin.
May 31, 2009, 08:55 AM
I went to church last night, so I plan to be out as soon as Karen brings my van back. Probably won't be til around noon.
May 31, 2009, 10:03 PM
crma0101 OXY rep/BK servo team

Special Request for June 11th

I received an e-mail from Carl Walby asking if it would be posible for our club to do a demo and or some hand on budy box type training to members of the Aviation Explorers of Appleton.

I am posting here to see who would be available that night, weather permitting, to bring aircraft to quarry field and give a demo and maybe have one of the training aircraft with a budy box operative for that evening.

I beilive I am working that day, but if able I will swap my shift to be available.

If the weather is not condusive to flying I will try to make myself available to attend their regular meeting at the airport.

I am going to creat a sepatate posting with this info there as well so please use that post to reply if you plan on attending so I can contact Carl and tell him what to expect. As of right now I told him to plan on brining hos group to Quarry field and have given him my cell number for future contact if things change.

I myself was a member of an explorer group and this would be a great opportunity to bring new members into our great hobby that already have a passion for aviation.

Thanks in advance for everyones support and hope to see as many people as we can get out at the field on Thursday evening June 11th if the weather is good.

Matt Cramer

( included the a copy of the e-mail from Carl for those of you interested to read )

My name is Carl Walby and I am an adult leader with Aviation Explorers in Appleton. Our youth members are made up of youth 14 to 21 who have an interest in aviation. Many of our members have asked about the hobby of radio controls airplanes and I am writing you to ask if you or a few of your members would be able to attend out next meeting on Thursday June 11th. We do meet at the safety building at ATW but we are willing to meet at your flying field if that was advantageous to demos.

Would you have someone available on the 11th and would you be interested in giving a presentation on your hobby?

I can be reached at 920-470-4052

Thank You for your consideration.

Regards,

Carl Walby
Jun 01, 2009, 07:11 AM
Hi Matt!

I wish I could be there. It is Ryan's birthday and we will be at my parents for the event. Sounds like fun though!
Jun 01, 2009, 07:17 PM
Moved to new discussion topic.
Last edited by timflight1; Jun 01, 2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Moved to new discussion topic
Jun 10, 2009, 11:45 AM
Todd Fischer

No flying at Quarry field on Thursday

There has been a TFR posted because of the Presidents visit to GreenBay. This includes full scale and model aircraft.

A new FAA NOTAM/TFR has been issued for the Green Bay, WI area starting at 10:40a until 3:15p CDT on Thursday, June 11th. The TFR is issued for security purposes to cover VIP movement in this area. Model aircraft operations are prohibited in this area during the specific time periods of the TFR. See the link to the TFR below for more detailed information regarding the restrictions:

Area 1 (6/11, 10:40a - 3:15p CDT)
(30nm radius from Latitude: 44º30'38"N, Longitude: 88º06'43"W)
Area 2 (6/11, 10:40a - 3:15p CDT)
(10nm radius from Latitude: 44º30'38"N, Longitude: 88º06'43"W)

TFR - 9/2672

Map View of the TFR
Jun 10, 2009, 11:49 AM
Scott Zastoupil
Thread OP
Just posting what I got from the AMA. I found a link that describes the flight restrictions in more detail. So no flying Thursday June 11th at either club field (or anywhere in the circles) at the specified times is my interpretation. See links below.

> Begin message from AMA

A new FAA NOTAM/TFR has been issued for the Green Bay, WI area starting at 10:40a until 3:15p CDT on Thursday, June 11th. The TFR is issued for security purposes to cover VIP movement in this area. Model aircraft operations are prohibited in this area during the specific time periods of the TFR. See the link to the TFR below for more detailed information regarding the restrictions:

* Area 1 (6/11, 10:40a - 3:15p CDT)
(30nm radius from Latitude: 44º30'38"N, Longitude: 88º06'43"W)
* Area 2 (6/11, 10:40a - 3:15p CDT)
(10nm radius from Latitude: 44º30'38"N, Longitude: 88º06'43"W)

TFR 9/2672

http://02b954f.netsolhost.com/amatfr2.html

Regards
Gregory Hahn
Technical Director
AMA
Jun 10, 2009, 11:50 AM
Scott Zastoupil
Thread OP
crap, you beat me to it.
Jun 10, 2009, 06:19 PM
We still meeting at Quarry field for the Aviation Explorers or is this going to change things?
Jun 10, 2009, 08:32 PM
Scott Zastoupil
Thread OP
Matt may want to confirm, but the explorer event is out of the time window specified. So there should be no reason that I know to change any plans already made.

Scott
Jun 21, 2009, 08:45 AM
Anyone going out today?
Jun 21, 2009, 09:26 PM
Hey Tim! Any chance you can make it out tomorrow night. weather permitting? I expect to have two students out there.

Quick Reply