This thread is privately moderated by szastoupil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 17, 2010, 02:23 PM
I mowed and flew today at Quarry. The field is a little wet with a few low spots with standing water. The rest of the field is just spongy and saturated. The mower got muddy and is a little messy. I wiped it off some, but if anyone goes out this weekend, could they bring a 5 gallon pail with some water to rinse off the mower. Also the gas cans need to be filled, not sure who takes care of this.

Eric
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2010, 05:11 PM
James Gang #1
Thanks for mowing Eric- did you do the whole site or just the runway? Maybe with all the money we saved not buying the fridge, we could buy a gas powered pressure sprayer to keep things (mower, buildings, concrete pads, etc) clean
Jun 17, 2010, 05:31 PM
I did the whole site. I left some area next to the parking lot over by the Heli area, it was just too too wet there.

And you only save money if your account goes up in value, the pressure washer would be spending less than planned...LOL

Eric
Jun 17, 2010, 10:02 PM
Former B52H Crew Chief
better to invest in a steam pressure washer... cuts the grease better
Jun 17, 2010, 10:11 PM
The Field Marshal(Me) takes care of the gas. Just a reminder anyone wanting to cut grass needs to be checked out on the Gravely before using it. Contact the Field Marshal.

Ill load it on the trailer in the near future and go wash it.
Jun 18, 2010, 08:37 AM
D. Bubolz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykhoi1 View Post
Thanks for mowing Eric- did you do the whole site or just the runway? Maybe with all the money we saved not buying the fridge, we could buy a gas powered pressure sprayer to keep things (mower, buildings, concrete pads, etc) clean
I thought at the meeting a fridge was approved and that the $ was to be used for that? We not getting a fridge now?
Jun 18, 2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I had heard we were getting a fridge also. What is up with that?
Jun 18, 2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamilton View Post
The Field Marshal(Me) takes care of the gas. Just a reminder anyone wanting to cut grass needs to be checked out on the Gravely before using it. Contact the Field Marshal.

Ill load it on the trailer in the near future and go wash it.
I was given a lesson by Jim Van Lynn. Didn't know there was a protocol.

E
Jun 18, 2010, 12:17 PM
James Gang #1

No Fridge for Quarry Field

Sue at the DPW in Appleton informed us that the propane powered refrigerator would violate the "unattended open flame" prohibition mandated by EPA regulations for the landfill. Looks like we're back to coolers and solar powered options again.
Jun 18, 2010, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykhoi1 View Post
Sue at the DPW in Appleton informed us that the propane powered refrigerator would violate the "unattended open flame" prohibition mandated by EPA regulations for the landfill. Looks like we're back to coolers and solar powered options again.
I think we need to go back and see what it would cost to run power up form the street. Maybe something has changed since 5 years ago.
Jun 18, 2010, 12:53 PM
Scott Zastoupil
Thread OP
Andy, cost was not the idea killer. The underground line requirements would violate the landfill cap restrictions.
Jun 18, 2010, 02:01 PM
I was in on the discussion 5 years ago. If the city contracted the labor, the power could be run. There was some way that tile and power lines could be laid just under the surface. The cost of the labor, tile and power lines was $7000.00 if it came from the pump shed. If we ran it from the street it was even more. Again, I am sketchy on the details, but it was something like that. At that same time, I had priced out a solar setup and it came to the same price as the lines being run from the shed. We were told to shelve it for a while as there was no way the club was going to pay that after all the start up costs we already had.

Andy
Jun 18, 2010, 02:24 PM
Scott Zastoupil
Thread OP
Yes, I misstated the power thing. I have an email from 10/21/05 that notes all of the costs and options from a phone call I made to the power company.

I suggest if there is desired to be more discussion on this to not use the forums at this time. The interested parties could make their suggestions elsewhere and to all club officers.
Jun 18, 2010, 06:19 PM
Chris Zangl, VAM President

Fond Du Lac funfly Canceled

due to wet field and possible weather the funfly has been canceled for this saturday
Jun 18, 2010, 09:30 PM
Last summer I asked We Energies to work up a second analysis of all options for electricity to see if things changed from Scott's prior call. I don't want to repeat all of the information reported at that time so please consult the previous meeting minutes but suffice to say we were not even in the ballpark of having the funds available to pay for electricity and the costs went up dramatically since the first analysis in 2005.

Thanks,
Tim

Quick Reply