This thread is privately moderated by szastoupil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 26, 2018, 11:55 AM
Make plans now to attend the January 1st Frozen Finger Fun Fly at Quarry Field! Event starts around 11 am. Put your planes on skis and come on out. Great time to renew your membership (if you haven't done so already).
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2019, 07:18 PM
Guys we are still working to find club member Allen or Allan or Alan who flies helicopters. We found the heli and want to help to get it back to him. Anyone know him? What is his last name? PM me please.
May 12, 2019, 02:06 PM
Scott Zastoupil
Thread OP
It is with a heavy heart to inform everyone on the passing of Jim Grist. He was a previous VAM member that had a lifelong passion for model and full size aviation. I had to honor to share a ride with him to leave some smoke trails in his scratch built Skybolt.

https://www.wichmannfuneralhomes.com...v1BpPnjAsDrIXA
May 30, 2019, 08:13 PM
Jim was one of the people that loaned his tractor to help build the runway at Quarry Field. He was always willing to help out the club.
Jun 07, 2019, 10:54 AM
I will be out this afternoon at Quarry Field if someone wants flight training on the Apprentice.
Tim
Jun 07, 2019, 05:42 PM
We need club member help this Saturday at 7am at Quarry Field to spread gravel donated by David G. The truck did a pretty good job of spreading it out but now it needs some fine tuning. If anyone has a tractor with plow, tractor, 4 wheeler with plow, etc and can help feather the gravel a bit more that would be extremely helpful. Otherwise we need members to bring rakes and shovels tomorrow morning to spread it out manually. We must get this done before this weeks expected rain and also prior to next weekend's big ZDZ fun fly event. There is too much for me and David to do on our own so please help if you can. Any further information will be posted on the facebook site for up to minute information at www.facebook.com/flyvam

20190607 160137 (0 min 44 sec)
Jun 08, 2019, 09:32 AM
Parking lot gravel project is complete! Thanks to David G. for negotiating some gravel (free to the club) from RJ Immel and Sons and especially Troy Immel. Also thanks to those that stopped out to help today. Some came a little late but at least they made the effort to come out and help and it is much appreciated. Careful when driving on the gravel to avoid over turning your steering wheel and such until that new gravel is compacted and such.
Jul 06, 2019, 08:58 AM
I will be at Quarry Field today around 1pm if anyone is looking for flight training on the apprentice.
Tim
Jul 14, 2019, 11:28 AM
I will be out to do Apprentice training by 1pm today. If you need training, come on out.
Tim
Jul 16, 2019, 08:14 AM
I know many of you have drones, but does anyone in the club have a DJI Flame wheel? I picked up one, but it didn't come with any manuals
Sep 03, 2019, 08:26 PM
Just a notice to combat competitors and spectators that we only have 2 more weeks of combat and will now begin at 5:30 pm for Sept 10th and 17th sessions as we need to get rounds in before the sun sets. That will conclude the regular combat season but come on out for our combat challenge on Sunday, September 29th at 10:45 am.
Sep 13, 2019, 12:23 PM
Too wet to mow today, I will try Monday, steve
Sep 13, 2019, 12:28 PM
Too wet to mow, I will try Monday, steve
Sep 22, 2019, 09:24 AM
Some members are going out during/after packer game today to work on combat planes ahead of the combat challenge. Might be able to do some training also if the rain stops after the game.
Oct 09, 2019, 08:28 AM
I plan to be out between 4pm and dusk for Apprentice flight training. Come on out - should be a nice day!
Tim

Quick Reply