Jun 26, 2009, 04:51 AM
A customer just sent me a link to this thread and while we have been quiet for a very long time with regards to AH and PA, we think it’s inappropriate not to respond here, regardless of the topic of the thread to clear matters up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlav8r
Well since you are trolling for a reply.. you are sure to know that PA last year decided to only sell direct cutting out their distribution agreements in the USA. Several companies have decided to go it alone in this way fully absorbing the cost of warehouse space, advertising, trade show cost, employee cost and customer support cost as well as the other expences necessary to operate. These are business decisions that companies need to make.
Yes we have opened our US office in December 2008 and we are absorbing all the costs involved with our North American operation. Six month down the track I can say with certainty that this has been one of our best business decisions to date, and our customers are more satisfied than ever.

Quote:
We do have a full warehouse of their other goods that we have at close out pricing
Atlanta Hobby may still have a few of our models in their warehouse but I would like to mention here that we receive numerous claims from customers who had bought models from their close-out-sale. This is because many of those models were actually re-packaged by AH from returned damaged-in-shipping models from previous years and were actually not new in the box. Moreover we can count several cases where the models been supplied with a different cowling (an Extra 260 supplied with Katana MD cowling, or in a worst case from just last week of a Katana MD that was supplied with an Addiction control horns which the customer already glued in before he realized they were different and more).
There is absolutely no way Precision Aerobatics models been shipped this way from the factory. Atlanta Hobby have been just re-using parts in order to sell whatever still in stock. Naturally when a customer calls them and ask them to supply the replacement part, they don't have the required parts in stock. As a consequence, they direct them to us without explaining to the customer it’s the direct result of their own doing. As you would imagine, this damages PA's reputation. I should also add that in order to maintain our good reputation we have replaced all those broken and mismatched parts at our own cost for those customers even though I believe everyone would agree it is not PA’s fault.

Quote:
I am however reading that they have sold less than a small container of the new bipe in the USA and that it has had issues so I am sure you can find one if you really want one.
All I can only say is that the Ultimate AMR is selling extremely well in the United States. We are now running very low stock on our second container. Some of you may have read the two excellent reviews on Model airplane News and Fly RC in their August issue. I have absolutely no idea what “issues” about the AMR he was referring to but you are welcome to visit the AMR thread and find all about the issues and reach your own conclusion on the validity of Cliff’s statement. I’m afraid you’ll find mostly happy customers there

Quote:
I also see that the Mfg who was making their motors has decided that ethics are more important than business and to no longer Mfg. motors for them (a powerful statement from a very reputable Chinese company).
Our motor manufacturer produces for us just like before. As a matter of fact, we have just released our new Thrust 50 to power the new EXTRA MX which is also incidentally on the way to the US as we speak.

And lastly, as far as ethics goes – considering Cliff's post was made just before SEFF 2009 and knowing what he did there leaves a lot to be said about ethics.

To be more precise, and for those of you who don’t know what happened at SEFF 2009 - Atlanta hobby (an official sponsor of SEFF) had their special offers flyer included in the pilot’s pack that goes to each pilot registered to the event. They included the Katana MD in their Specials and in small print wrote "A high quality product from a manufacturer that scr@#ws its dealers". They went as far as OMITTING this piece of paper from the pilot packs that went to PA TEAM pilots so they wouldn’t find out. Now isn’t that tacky?

One thing we would like to clarify here is that Atlanta Hobby never signed our exclusive distribution agreement and that Precision Aerobatics out of pure respect to the business relationship never sold models to another shop in the USA since we started dealing with Atlanta Hobby. However, when the time came to open our own shop in the United States, and offer our FULL line (meaning our Thrust motors, Quantum ESC or our batteries, or even the full line of models; all items of which were constantly declined by Atlanta hobby) we ended up getting the short end of the stick all over the forums and flying events.

I have to say, it’s really absurd for AH to actually call PA’s ethics to question because they were given every opportunity and the first preference to carry the full line of PA products for which they declined on their own accord. So where is the validity of AH’s written statement about being scr@wed by PA? The fact of the matter is that they scr@wed themselves.

Adad
Precision Aerobatics Team
Last edited by Precision Aerob; Jun 26, 2009 at 04:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 26, 2009, 08:42 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
Thread OP
Wow, interesting. One can learn a lot from an RC forum.

Frank
Jun 26, 2009, 11:42 AM
Quote:
They included the Katana MD in their Specials and in small print wrote "A high quality product from a manufacturer that scr@#ws its dealers".
Miss Manners would not approve.
Jun 26, 2009, 04:05 PM
Balsa to the Wall
AH - Busted.
Jun 30, 2009, 04:54 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck
AH - Busted.
Oh My Yes they were!

This thread went dead and quiet right after that post by PA.

What just happened to Cliff from Atlanta Hobby reminds me of that scene at the end of the movie Friday.

where Tbo was knocked out by Craig and smokey is standing over tbo and says...

"Daammn, you got knocked the f&^% out!!"

LOL
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 30, 2009 at 08:56 PM.
Jul 01, 2009, 09:44 PM
Smackdown!
Jul 01, 2009, 10:18 PM
RCAPA #005
I used to check AH web site regularly, but I won't be buying from them... now.
Jul 02, 2009, 01:08 AM
What's 3D?
WOW, looks like AH really shot themselves in the foot with that one LOL.
Jul 02, 2009, 09:16 AM
Thread OP
Don't forget fellas, there are three sides to every story. I wouldn't be too critical on either party.

But, we are getting a little OT since this thread is about LHS closing and not about the interactions between AH & PA.

Frank
Jul 02, 2009, 10:20 AM
Cookie Monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by murocflyer
Don't forget fellas, there are three sides to every story. I wouldn't be too critical on either party.

But, we are getting a little OT since this thread is about LHS closing and not about the interactions between AH & PA.

Frank
Seems to me that someone got busted being a Knob.
Stop trying to make excuses for them mate.
Jul 02, 2009, 10:35 AM
The use of the word "knob" in a derogatory way is making me want to go finish off my last can of Murphy's Stout.
Jul 02, 2009, 12:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleary
Seems to me that someone got busted being a Knob.
Stop trying to make excuses for them mate.
Now that's funny.

Frank
Jul 02, 2009, 04:29 PM
It's a bit he said/she said at this point. It amazes me how fast members here love to jump all over the people that make this hobby possible.

However, I do know Cliff promoted the heck out of PA planes, and most likely made it possible for them to get in the US market in a big way.

And now PA wants to use that reputation and cut AH out of the deal. I guess that's their decision to make, but it doesn't sit real well with me.

AH sponsers shows like SEFF, does PA?
Last edited by Tom Korn; Jul 02, 2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Jul 02, 2009, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Korn
It's a bit he said/she said at this point. It amazes me how fast members here love to jump all over the people that make this hobby possible.

However, I do know Cliff promoted the heck out of PA planes, and most likely made it possible for them to get in the US market in a big way.

And now PA wants to use that reputation and cut AH out of the deal. I guess that's their decision to make, but it doesn't sit real well with me.

Have you heard of Joe Nall? I guess not
Last edited by groovejet; Jul 02, 2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling
Jul 02, 2009, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Korn

FYI.... PA was also a major sponsor of SEFF as well as a major sponsor and supporter of both the ETOC and Joe Nall, just to name a few.

Steve Evans
Precision Aerobatics USA
Last edited by PA-USA; Jul 02, 2009 at 11:40 PM.

Quick Reply