Sep 02, 2019, 11:32 AM
Hey Lee, just checking if their any updates and stuff.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2019, 10:54 AM

How to add Ailerons to DW 1200mm Eagle

I think adding ailerons really makes the EPP 1200mm Eagle more fun to fly because you can now make flat turns by combining ailerons with rudder and not lose altitude during a turn.
Anyway here is my build video on doing the aileron mod.
This video is part of a build series for the whole bird.

DW EPP Mini Eagle RC Plane Build Part 4 - Adding Ailerons & Battery Tray (12 min 54 sec)
Oct 17, 2019, 07:24 AM
I finally got a "pilot" for my night fury.
Oct 17, 2019, 11:49 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.merc
I think adding ailerons really makes the EPP 1200mm Eagle more fun to fly because you can now make flat turns by combining ailerons with rudder and not lose altitude during a turn.
Anyway here is my build video on doing the aileron mod.
This video is part of a build series for the whole bird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Q-Cwi6ul4
It also helps to put some dihedral in the wing and get rid of the V-tail.
Oct 18, 2019, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
It also helps to put some dihedral in the wing and get rid of the V-tail.
Why get rid of the V-tail? How about upside down-Vs instead? Pretty much all Vs?

Always good to hear from you, Lee.
Oct 18, 2019, 06:27 AM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO
Why get rid of the V-tail? How about upside down-Vs instead? Pretty much all Vs?

Always good to hear from you, Lee.
Upside down V is better than the upright V because the roll is in the same direction as the turn. They use the upside down V on the military's Preditor Drone for that reason There are a few drawbacks like it hard to get an inverted V tail that doesn't hit the ground on the landing and take off even on the Preditor Drone.

The V tail is a standard for the Eagle model design for looks, but it isn't a great aerodynamic choice. Even when the military uses a V tail they put a down rudder on it so it is more stable.

Here are some photos. These are some of the most researched aerodynamic planes that have ever existed. Look what they came up with.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...-securebrowser
Dec 02, 2019, 07:29 PM
NeoDragon Twilight Flight (1 min 37 sec)

Reports of any strange lights in the sky are entirely coincidental.

Quick Reply