Jun 13, 2017, 01:51 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp.electrik
I experienced that issue with my first Eagle. I think the angle of the V-tail may have something to do with it I'm hoping to go with a flatter angled v-tail on my aileron/elevator set up this time.
Lee is running elevator aileron set up I was curious to see if he change the angle of the v-tail.
jp
I left the tail at the factory spec but cut 2-3" ailerons and fly ailerons and V-tail elevator. I don't even have the V-tail mixing hooked up.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2017, 01:56 PM
PunchDrunk ex-Pug try'n fly'n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee
I left the tail at the factory spec but cut 2-3" ailerons and fly ailerons and V-tail elevator. I don't even have the V-tail mixing hooked up.
Thanks Lee that's how I was planning on running mine maybe increasing the angle on the v-tail.

Cc.... I do miss my falcon😎
jp
Jun 29, 2017, 01:53 AM
mutski
I am about to assemble an FFF Eagle with Elmers foam board, paper removed. Is hot glue the universal solution, or is there something lighter that bonds just as well?
Jun 29, 2017, 08:31 AM
Well, now that you know ...
I found Foam Tac to be lighter, is very easy to work with, and is foam safe. Hot glue is great in a pinch.
Jun 29, 2017, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski
I am about to assemble an FFF Eagle with Elmers foam board, paper removed. Is hot glue the universal solution, or is there something lighter that bonds just as well?
I'm a big fan of gorilla glue for almost any application has a little flex to it and can be very light if used wisely 😎
jp
Jun 29, 2017, 01:25 PM
...... it and can be used either with or without water, very light.
jp
Jun 29, 2017, 04:01 PM
mutski
I personally love Gorilla Glue, especially for repairing crashed planes. Hot glue seems easier for sticking the fuse together, due to no clamping required. Maybe I will try a combination. Foam-Tac I would like, but I'm not so good at ordering in advance, and it's not available here, alas. Thanks for the replies!
Jun 30, 2017, 09:40 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

White gyrfalcon

Here is my new bird made from a big foam plumbing packing. It's a 55" scale big female white artic gyrfalcon.
Jun 30, 2017, 10:26 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The wing and the tail are supported by a CF rod. No electronic visible on belly.
Jun 30, 2017, 10:57 AM
Excellent, excellent job.!! Going to look great in the air.

Gord.
Jun 30, 2017, 03:18 PM
Absolutely beautiful!
Great job!
Did you cut the wing or is it Klein Fogleman(FFF)?
I want one I'm tired of waiting for my flight party eagle how did you do it?
jp
Jun 30, 2017, 04:29 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's made of a very flexible free white packing material , kind of EPP or pool noodle. The sheets were 1 1/2 " thick (multiple layers) and almost large enough for the wing. I tried to respect the real dimension, tail and primary feathers set of a large female gyrfalcon in soaring. The body is composed of 5 layers, glued with Gorilla. The dihedral is shaped by a CF rod and the flexibility of the material. Great thing, the material is transparent almost like a real bird feather. I carved meticulously the feathers and body with a hand grinder ! I tried to control the transparency by painting multiple layers of white paint to make the second and third feathers opaque like a real bird and to hide the CF rod and the V cuts. Motor is mounted on a channel piece of corroplast. The vertical stabilizer is made of a folded piece of transparent frozen cake box. Ailerons and Elevator are simply cut in V without hinges, like on a EPP plane. Eyes are made with epoxy glue. Weight is 540 gr. without battery.
Jun 30, 2017, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier
The wing and the tail are supported by a CF rod. No electronic visible on belly.
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! This is what I'm looking for! Just like this. I forgot the Rcgroups member who made this, but I can definitely find him. You two birds look similar. ..
Jun 30, 2017, 08:38 PM
As as bonding multiple layers of DTFB (KF airfoils) goes, Latex adhesive primer paint works well.
Jul 05, 2017, 04:55 PM
mutski
Should I just mount the battery on the floor of my FFF Eagle to save weight, or should I install a plywood battery tray (1.5 oz)? I went with the tray on my first attempt, but it came out just TOOO HEAVY. I'm trying to cut back but still leave it strong enough for a mild crash.

Quick Reply