Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Nov 07, 2008, 05:22 PM
Find More Posts by cnims
Discussion

Poor customer service at Value Hobby

I purchased some Gforce Lipo packs back in August from Value Hobby. They have great prices and they ship super fast.

However after using the batteries for a while and not getting the expected capacity from them, I decided to sell them here in the For Sale forums. The person I sold them to PMed me and told me that these were 1800 packs rather than 2250 packs which explains why I wasn't getting the expected capacity. I emailed Value Hobby asking them to refund the difference between the 2 3s 2250 packs and 2 3s 1800 packs. They replied back and said that mislabling the packs was unlikely since the dimensions are different. I checked their web site and the difference is only 3mm in thickness. All the packs come with the same labeling with a checkbox filled in indicating the capacity and rating.

They have not refunded my money and I have not heard back from them again. I think this is a pretty reasonable request.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences with Value Hobby?
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by geekrawker
geekrawker

Hit or Miss

Ive had mixed support results. Alex did replace a bad Icharger for me for free, however it took a few months of incredibly slow email exchanges before we came to an agreement.

My last dealings were terrible, a couple of weeks of slow emails, very few reply... Tried to get Alex to confirm I was ordering the right shaft and motor mounts. He never confirmed and I needed the parts for a sanctioned event. Shafts worked but the mount was incorrect, two more weeks have past with no reply to my request to send the incorrect mounts back in. I also requested he let me know the proper size. I'll reply to this thread again if this ever gets resolved.

I have a feeling Alex is a garage shop and does a lot of drop shipments. When he's willing to help he's good, but you'll never get him on the phone. I've tried several times!

He's kinda a roll of the dice but it's bargain pricing so what do you expect. Check out ExileHobby, a buddy of mine just started it and hes finally getting his inventory padded out a little better. Great customer service too!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:21 AM
Find More Posts by JimNM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
You dig up a 4 year old post, just to pimp your "buddy's" shop? No thanks - looks pretty bad IMHO.