This thread is privately moderated by ty_horn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 07, 2008, 02:53 PM
Philippians 4:13
Thread OP
Discussion

Skis on the Super Cub

It is time to get the skis out. There is nothing like the sound of a super cub landing on snow in the dead of winter when the air is crisp and there is no other sound to be heard!
Here is where I got them:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDCT4&P=FR

By the way, I have never had a problem without a tail ski. The tail wheel just follows along Actually sometimes I have a hard time getting the super cub to stop when it lands on snow, I think the tail wheel probably helps slow it down just a little.
Last edited by ty_horn; Nov 20, 2008 at 04:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2008, 09:20 PM
The sky is my playground.
Getting a head start on winter?
Nov 07, 2008, 10:08 PM
Thread OP
Winter is here actually. :-)
Jan 24, 2009, 10:33 PM
Sun got in my eyes ...
You had to use your own wheel collars right ... and set screws?

I baught these and they look great ... but I realized The gear on the cub is thicker than 1/16 ... I think its more like 3/32 or 5/64?

Could you send me a few more pics of how you mounted these ...

dominic.saturday@gmail.com

Dom
Jan 25, 2009, 10:00 AM
Thread OP
I used the the mounting hardware that came with the skis. I don't remember if I had to ream the collets out or something. It has been a couple years. As far as more pics... there aren't really any more angles that I could show. I think everything is displayed in the 3 pictures above. Just look closely and you will figure out where everything goes :-)

Quick Reply