german 2009 Open - RC Groups
Nov 06, 2008, 06:30 PM
Kevin Botherway
Discussion

german 2009 Open

HI all
has anyone seen a current date for the 2009 German open??
cheers Rowdy
to remove ads between posts
Nov 06, 2008, 06:58 PM
Don't worry about it!
Are you traveling all the way over there? That sure is a long way.
Nov 06, 2008, 07:20 PM
Nothing official has been anounced yet.
Nov 06, 2008, 08:45 PM
Kevin Botherway
It would be nice to co-ordinate the German open / WAG / IHLGF / polecat all in one trip.......
Nov 07, 2008, 02:10 AM
Nothing official yet but see this.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941359
Nov 07, 2008, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy01
It would be nice to co-ordinate the German open / WAG / IHLGF / polecat all in one trip.......
Now, wouldn't that be a great worldwide F3K experience ! As things stand now, it's likely that the German Open will be in Dresden from May 22nd to 24th. But this still needs to be officially accepted and confirmed by the German Aeroclub. Between us, my money's on Dresden

If it is confirmed, you could fly the three contests "in one go", because Poway will normally take place on June 6 and 7 (I'm just guessing because it's always on the first weekend in June) with the Polecat hopefully the weekend thereafter (I can feel that Denny is already reading this...) We still need another contest either in Europe or on the East Coast on the last weekend in May to make the schedule perfect.

My advice is : book a business class ticket because that's a lot of flying.

Yves
Nov 07, 2008, 02:11 PM
It sounds like a the beginnings of a transatlantic cup!
Dec 02, 2008, 04:21 AM
flying monkey
I would like to officially announce that the next German Open F3K 2009 will be held on 22nd - 24th May 2009 on the airfield of Nardt near Hoyerswerda in Saxony (Germany, of course).
The event description can be found on http://www.modellflug-tu-dresden.de .
Please make sure you have thoroughly read and understood this document (especially the registration modus) before registering.
Registrations will only become valid with completely filled out registration form and entry fee paid (exceptions only apply for non-EU citizens who have problems transferring the fees). Deadline for registration is 31st January 2009.

Feel free to publish this announcement in your local F3K groups / forums so nobody can say that they haven't been informed .

We are looking forward to see you next year!

Friedmar Richter - member of the organizing club MFSC TU Dresden e. V.
Dec 04, 2008, 01:37 AM
So have you made your entries yet?
From Sweden we are already 8 pilots in the entrylist.

/Stefan
Dec 04, 2008, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg
So have you made your entries yet?
Immediatly after reading Friedmars posting! I expect the 60 international entries being filled up damn fast.
Would love to see an entry list posted.

I know of three Austrian entries so far.

Regards,
Matthias

P.S.: Stefan - try to keep your pylon away from my wing this time
Dec 04, 2008, 05:02 AM
Yeah or maybe your wing from my pylon

Well we're building stronger models this yaer just for that purpose

/Stefan
Dec 04, 2008, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frichte
Registrations will only become valid with completely filled out registration form and entry fee paid (exceptions only apply for non-EU citizens who have problems transferring the fees).
Friedmar Richter - member of the organizing club MFSC TU Dresden e. V.
Now Friedmar, please explain why "non-EU citizens" might have problems to transfer the fees ?
It takes two seconds to wire transfer money from anywhere in the world to your account in Dresden.
Dec 04, 2008, 01:20 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydevriendt
Now Friedmar, please explain why "non-EU citizens" might have problems to transfer the fees ?
It takes two seconds to wire transfer money from anywhere in the world to your account in Dresden.
takes a trip to the bank for me (not a problem) and a $40 fee
Dec 04, 2008, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
takes a trip to the bank for me (not a problem) and a $40 fee
Oleg,

In these loomy days for bankers, you will surely find one who's ready to deliver your entry fee personally and free of charge to Friedmar in Dresden.

Should you not find one who's willing to do that, change banks. After all the customer is King.

Anyway, and no matter how you plan to pay your entry fee, I sure hope to see you in Dresden. Together with all your other US buddies like Red, Bruce, Phil, Chris etc...

Cheers,

Yves
Dec 04, 2008, 10:10 PM
M Seid
"ETC" is registered.

You should stay tuned to the announcement of the american contests in the near future ready snap up your ticket to the states. Do your part Yves, the american car industry needs you to rent a ford.

Quick Reply