Do you really know what you're doing? - RC Groups
Nov 05, 2008, 10:04 PM
My name is Geng
Discussion

Do you really know what you're doing?

GAUI Hurricane EP 200 Crazy 3D Power (4 min 39 sec)

Seriously guys, do you really know what you're doing or just yanking your sticks at every way possible and hoping not to crash. Tell me how to fly my heli like this guy on the video. How can you even see what is going on flying like that, is that humanly possible?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 05, 2008, 10:17 PM
Go fix yourself man !
That looks planned. Chaos is a random sort of stick wiggling.

CH
Nov 05, 2008, 11:57 PM
My name is Geng
Gaui 200 doing 3D flying in a Garage-Pilot-Nick Maxwell (3 min 12 sec)

try this.. this lenny landed on the ceiling and upside down on the ground.
Nov 06, 2008, 09:39 AM
VBARRRR
most of those moves have names

so even though it looks like crazy, random stick banging, it's not

you can try crazy, random stick banging on the sim, and never be able to look like that

each of the maneuvers have great physics and timing behind it, so....

yeah...

you can fly like that, if you take each steps and master it, and slowly move up to advance maneuvers like piroflips and pirofunnels, etc... but BUY A SIM, you do not want to practice that in reality

it is humanly possible, you eyes get used to it, time will tell
Nov 07, 2008, 07:18 PM
Heli Steve
Man, I sure wish I could fly like that. I don't think I will live long enough to ever make it to that level.
Nov 07, 2008, 07:31 PM
Go fix yourself man !
I'm getting to learn that a pilot needs to match the heli to the style of flying. (I was going to say HIS style of flying, )
Take that old Walkera 36 I fly. After a Spektrum and other upgrades, it was great for learning to fly, mainly because it was not so fast on the cyclic that I could easily fly into myself. Now, it's too slow for much 3D. And my MX400 CCPM is even getting "sluggish" these days.
Here is where that slop you never noticed becomes a big problem. When you want to fly like that, you need a tight heli that goes where YOU command it to, the heli can no longer fly you.

CH
Last edited by Chophop; Nov 07, 2008 at 08:52 PM.
Nov 07, 2008, 08:03 PM
Heli Steve
Yeah, that's like my Blade-400, I have been steadly upgrading it and now I have the grips flipped and the mixers reversed and running no expo and I am very comfortable with it. I can hover it where it is very still.... to the point where the guys that are watching start making comments, but I can also zipp it around like a jackrabbit, I just am blown away by that little ep200 in the video. But alot of that has to be muscle memory. I know that I can fly my Blade around in the same spot and get to where I am doing very fast fig eights and super high banking turns in a 40 ft area and be clearing the trees and the side of the house and the car and mail box by about 2-3 ft. Sort of like when I raced nitro cars on an oval track, you get into a groove and then refine the groove to the edge of disaster. Every once in a while I will get out my blinged out MX-400 and fly it around and that thing is a slug compared to my Blade-400 but it flys more like a larger heli, (like my Raptor 30) ...slow and smooth with little effort and large stick movements. If I moved the sticks on my Blade-400 like I have to on the MX-400 I would be doing flips everywhere instead of just banking in a turn.
Nov 07, 2008, 08:51 PM
Go fix yourself man !
Try 6.1 or 5 gram Trex paddles and 220mm flybar on the MX400. I ran a metal Trex head on it and it sure wasn't sluggish. The stock metal head is slow because of the steel paddle weights.
Yea, it does seem like a big heli, even though it's within a few grams of the 36.

CH
Nov 07, 2008, 11:01 PM
VBARRRR
or Gorilla paddles with no weights

or even STUBZ 293!!!
Nov 13, 2008, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian94066
or Gorilla paddles with no weights
Try flybarless
Nov 15, 2008, 12:30 PM
Team Spektrum FPV
I think I thought I knew what I was doing
If you want to see it in High Def go to youtube and below the viewing screen on the right side.
RC Helicopter flown Indoor!!! Thunder Tiger Mini Titan 450 SE flown by Aaron Shell at the Apex Racing Go-Kart track (5 min 0 sec)
Nov 15, 2008, 12:36 PM
VBARRRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raycer
Try flybarless
full mechanical

flybarless gyros are for squares
Nov 15, 2008, 01:02 PM
Team Spektrum FPV
uh... gotta disagree with you there Brian... have you flown any flybarless systems? I found when I flew a well set up flybarless system I was trying to put in corrections I didn't need. The Flybarless systems fly so pure, its like adding heading hold to your roll and pitch (elevator) axis. Going back and forth between flybarless (electronically stabilized) and a flybar, you can really feel the difference, and most 3D pilots would agree flybarless is way more capable, locked in and responsive. Not to mention your rotor head is 15-20% more efficient which can be realized either as flight time or power. I have heard complaints about loosing stability in really fast piros, and I am aware that most of these systems don't work perfectly on Nitro helis due to vibration. Other than that... Flybarless is awesome!!!

Care to elaborate on your stance Brian? What kind of flybarless systems have you flown and what kind of flyer do you consider yourself (intermediate advanced, expert???). I would like to hear why you are against them. happy landings!
Dec 20, 2008, 12:32 AM
arrontheredbaron nailed it.dont knock flybarless till you try. not dissing ya, but most peeps have a hard time transitioning at first beacuse flybarlesss is so much more effficent and 2 to 3 times the rool rates depending on set up. first time you take off and move collective 1/16 of an inch it rockets up. I dont like to fly my other chopperrs that i spent tousands on and they cant even come close to my flybarless setup.
Dec 20, 2008, 12:45 AM
Closed Account
Flybarless systems are certainly not for squares. Never flown one myself but will be buying one when my budget allows. I like efficiency and everything I have read about the system once you understand the dynamics and setup potential.